A229 + Cellink Neo in 2022 BMW M340i

springerview

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!

Apologies for the double post. I posted this over in the Viofo A229 forum, but this may be a better place.

I've ordered an A229 and a Cellink Neo battery pack. I'm gathering information for installing in my 2022 BMW M340i and have some initial questions:
  • I want to place the Cellink Neo in the trunk, connected to the fuse box or 12V outlet there. Will I need a longer power cable or extension to the A229?
  • Is there a way to turn parking mode on and off?
Please share links to any videos for installation in 2019-2023 BMW 3-series. Thanks!

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!

Apologies for the double post. I posted this over in the Viofo A229 forum, but this may be a better place.

I've ordered an A229 and a Cellink Neo battery pack. I'm gathering information for installing in my 2022 BMW M340i and have some initial questions:
  • I want to place the Cellink Neo in the trunk, connected to the fuse box or 12V outlet there. Will I need a longer power cable or extension to the A229?
Please share links to any videos for installation in 2019-2023 BMW 3-series. Thanks!
If you look at my F36 hardwiring thread I linked to a bmw advanced car eye instruction. It’s a 2019 instruction but covers the G20 and will show where BMW advise connecting terminal 30,15 and 31 connections. It will only be a case of whether they have changed any fuse box layouts since but probably ok.

If you look at my F36 hardwiring thread I linked to a bmw advanced car eye instruction. It’s a 2019 instruction but covers the G20 and will show where BMW advise connecting terminal 30,15 and 31 connections. It will only be a case of whether they have changed any fuse box layouts since but probably ok.
Thanks. Where is that thread? Have a link?

Update:
  • I used a Power Output Cable w/ Spliced Viofo USB-C (T130/A229) Hardwire Kit from BBMC tapped to fuse F273 in the trunk (boot). It was plenty long enough.
  • Parking mode can be easily turned on and off through the app or the front camera menu.

Back