A229 randomly stops recording in high bitrate mode?

fooz10

Reaction score
Country
United States
I keep having this issue where the dashcam stops recording in high bitrate mode. Parking mode is zero issues because I have it set to low bitrate mode. It never stops recording during parking mode but when I start my vehicle and I hear it switches to regular recording mode, after a while it stops and it beeps to alert me. It's random, sometimes it happens 30 second in, or sonetimes 2 mins in after 2 or 3 loops of my set 3 min interval videos.

What SD card are you using? It sounds like the card may not be fast enough to keep up with the camera.

If your memory card has been in use for a long time then it may help to perform a full format using the SD card formatter from the SD Association. This always speeds used cards up, sometimes enough to remove the problem, sometimes not enough because the card is getting old, and some cards seem to be too slow to start with!

Reactions: Mtz
Now that you mention it, it might be the sdcard. I have the 256gig Samsung Evo. I don't know how old it is at this point but at minimum 1 year to max 2 years. And before this it was used in my old dashcam so it's definitely gotten a decent amount of rewrites.
I just ordered the Samsung pro endurance 256gig for 33 bucks off Amazon with the early Access deal they have going on. I'll see if that fixes it, should be here tomorrow.

Let us know the result...

Also, try reformatting your old one. Even if it only sorts the problem temporarily, it will still make a good backup card for in case the main one has an issue, or you need to keep your main one safe because of something important on it.

Full format!

Full format!
Let us know the result...

Also, try reformatting your old one. Even if it only sorts the problem temporarily, it will still make a good backup card for in case the main one has an issue, or you need to keep your main one safe because of something important on it.
I formatted the card about 2 or 3 times since it's been in the A229 so I don't think it's the issue.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

I formatted the card about 2 or 3 times since it's been in the A229 so I don't think it's the issue.
A normal format will not do much to speed the card up, to speed the card up requires: "perform a full (not quick) format using the SD card formatter from the SD Association. "

No need to do it frequently, doing so will wear the card out, but if the card is operating too slowly then a full format may solve the issue.

Yes normally a memory devise format, are really just clearing the FAT, and so all the data are actually still there untill something other overwrite it, this is the danger in regard to throwing out old hard drives ASO that might contain personal data.
The SD associations tool sd formatter do a high level format and fulle restore / wipe data and FAT ( File Allocation Table ) on the drive.

Last year i got a brand new 256Gb card, that was supposed to do like 80 MB/s speeds, but it was only doing 30 or so, a full wipe with the SD formatter tool restored things,,,,, though the card still dont work in any dashcam of mine, but just fine on my 4K/60 FPS action camera that hit the memory much harder with data,,,,,, go figure.

You could try a lesser bitrate while you wait for the new memory card, just to see if a little lighter load are better.

I use the SanDisk High Endurance 128Gb in mine (the white one) - no issues so far.

Paul.

Just FYI, I have also tested a Vantrue Brand 256GB in my A229 Duo for 2 months with no malfunction.
Vantrue sent me an Element E1 for test & review and included their own Vantrue brand 256GB sd card.
I could not contain my curiosity to see if it would work in my A229, and it did. lol
-Chuck

Attachments

• Vantrue 256GB .jpg
    Vantrue 256GB .jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 256GB SD Card.jpg
    256GB SD Card.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 9
The two memory cards that I've successfully used with the A229 Duo are the 128GB VIOFO MLC Industrial memory card and a 128GB SanDisk Max Endurance memory card.

Mine did this and im using a Samsung 256gb pro endurance card. I had to make my video size 1 minute clips. Since i did that it has been working fine. My parking mode is also low bit rate. Driving is high bit rate. When i was doing 3 minute clips the camera would stop recording after exiting parking mode.

Back