A229 received and installed

bilan

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello,

Despite my traumatic experience with their support (;)), I've received my a229.
I've installed it in a Mercedes ClasseB (w246) without any problem, with the HK4 kit. It was easy, although I'm not handy.
As soon as we park and turn off the engine, a voice announces that the dashcam enters into parking mode. (y)

The only problem so far is that there is no VIOFO app for the computer, isn't it ? So how are we supposed to watch our videos ?

In the meantime, if someone has any question regarding the installation with the same model of car, feel free to ask me.

KR,

Well, I mean to watch both channels in same time, like I do with my BlackVue. Yes of course, I can browse the memory card in my finder and play each video files.

I've tried DVPlayer but for unknown reason, I get micro freezes when playing my videos.

I just understood what was the purpose of the 2 transparent stickers I received with the dashcam: https://viofo.com/accessories/218-viofo-transparent-plastic-static-windshield-sticker-.html :shame:
Dashcam Viewer doesn't work well with A229 files either. You can read here:
But we were promised to fix it. It is mentioned here:

Hello,

The only problem so far is that there is no VIOFO app for the computer, isn't it ? So how are we supposed to watch our videos ?

In the meantime, if someone has any question regarding the installation with the same model of car, feel free to ask me.

KR,

Oh boy, I thought you needed to be able to show Viofo that you are knowledgable and have some technical skills in order to receive a test unit from Viofo and do a review but seeing that, I guess I'm an "expert" in Viofo's eyes, should have requested a test unit :LOL:

Oh boy, I thought you needed to be able to show Viofo that you are knowledgable and have some technical skills in order to receive a test unit from Viofo and do a review but seeing that, I guess I'm an "expert" in Viofo's eyes, should have requested a test unit :LOL:
He bought it from Viofo. It is not a test unit.

Back