A329 Improvement Wishlist

What I'm really waiting for is Viofo to finish making the OBD2 Power Cable to enable parking mode without hardwiring.
Once they get that figured out it should be easy to make a car charger version.
Of course this will only be useful for cars with constant power cigarette lighter power ports.
Then we will have 3 "reliable" options to enable parking mode;
1. Hardwire
2.) OBD2
3.) Cigarette Car Charger
Fair point, the more options the better for the customer

That's why we test, confirm, verify with thermal imaging cameras. lol
Haha of course, I've got my crystal ball going saying that it won't be a massive reduction of there is one. Don't think it will run hotter though either than the previous gen

I find it interesting that Viofo (or any other video camera company) would offer a new product for sale without any sample footage for prospective customers to see.

Specifications and features make good headlines, but is the video quality good enough?

Fair point Tony, but I suppose testers (old and new) will provide plenty soon enough)

Last edited:
I find it interesting that Viofo (or any other video camera company) would offer a new product for sale without any sample footage for prospective customers to see.

Specifications and features make good headlines, but is the video quality good enough?
I have faith in our Lord and saviour, Viofo

I have faith in our Lord and saviour, Viofo
That is why they can, while others can't.

Of course the real reason is that superb video quality only gets added after release these days, and posting the poor adequate quality pre-release video is not a good idea :unsure: They will still be working on making it superb; by the time the pre-orders have been delivered, hopefully your faith will be rewarded!

If it weren't for pre-sale events what would all the early adopters do with their piles of cash ready to be burned?

Tbf, this is the same housing and image sensors as the A229 Pro though.

It's what's under the hood that matters

Tbf, this is the same housing and image sensors as the A229 Pro though.
The housing has had a few modifications, and extra sockets added.
The image sensor is the same, but now is being used at 4K 60fps, not possible before, and with more codec power, we have higher bitrates and better encoding quality, so expect improved image quality.
Then there are the new features, such as external storage and wifi 6.

It is more than just an upgrade.

The housing has had a few modifications, and extra sockets added.
The image sensor is the same, but now is being used at 4K 60fps, not possible before, and with more codec power, we have higher bitrates and better encoding quality, so expect improved image quality.
Then there are the new features, such as external storage and wifi 6.

It is more than just an upgrade.
Sure, but I mean that the software and optimisations of the A229 Pro is a good starting point for them to build on.

It's not like they are developing around completely new hardware.

Sure, but I mean that the software and optimisations of the A229 Pro is a good starting point for them to build on.

Perhaps it's a PS5 Pro just like the A229 could be the standard PS5?

A new SoC can mean it is essentially new hardware from a software and optimisation point of view.
"Powered by Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 chipset" - got to make good use of those quad cores.

It is an A3?? instead of an A2?? for good reason.

A new SoC can mean it is essentially new hardware from a software and optimisation point of view.
"Powered by Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 chipset" - got to make good use of those quad cores.

It is an A3?? instead of an A2?? for good reason.
Depends, if the old SoC was ARM based, the new SoC might just be more performant.

The image optimisations based on the sensor should still be much the same.

Back