A329. What is this?

Attachments

I see VIOFO made good improvements in the heat sink with the addition slots and increased cooling surfaces. Someone, somewhere mentioned the heat sink sat on the cable for the LCD. More or less, the base of the heat sink has a curved groove in it for the ribbon cable. Though, I am certain there still is plenty of heat that gets to the cable.

Board layout looks very similar to the A239 Pro, some exceptions such as the HDMI port, and so forth. RTC, LCD ribbon cable, data/power cable from the external GPS all look the same.

Last edited:
Hello I'm making movies for Viofo. I'm testing A329 from few days. Tommorow I will post few movies from this Dashcam on my tiktok
Greetings
KG Norway Truck Driver

Just so people can be lazy on the SSD issue.

A329.jpg

I think this is very cool, of course it do nothing for data security, but if that is a major factor you should probably not run a dashcam, let alone a connected one.

I think it is extremely cool Viofo offer this now, something i have requested for almost all the time i have been into dashcams.

Isn't 3 days enough for a buyer to contact the manufacturer of the model arrived faulty? :unsure:
No.
My very first Viofo camera (A129 Pro) died on the 21st day of use.
I was able to return to Amazon for a full cash refund.
You see only what you want to see. :(
I plan for the worst, and hope for the best.
US consumer protection laws do not apply on international purchase.
That’s why I buy from a local retailer.

Indeed, i would recommend anyone to shop locally if possible at all.
Even if you are a Dane and things here automatically tend to get extra expensive.
At least then i can go within EU and get sort of the same protection, and in many cases even a little lower sales tax.

That means you only get a 3-DAY return policy, and consumers pay return shipping.
The way I read it is it is a change of mind option.
Eg you purchase it and then decide you don't want it, just because.

My very first Viofo camera (A129 Pro) died on the 21st day of use.
To me this is a different issue and will come under the warranty of 1 year.
If it's faulty and i purchased it from Viofo directly i expect they will pay for all shipping cost. Preferably up front and not as a refund as this requires a great deal of trust from an already grumpy customer. ( disappointed the unit failed).
Same applies to all companies.

I prefer the option of buying local but in Viofo case i don't know of any bricks and mortar shops that sell them.

I don't use Amazon much mainly because I find it hard trying to work out who is a legit supplier.

Example, memory i would never buy from Amazon. Even if it's legit it's easier for me to go to a reputable store here with a friendly return policy.

My friends love amazon and next day delivery and free shipping etc is great.

So a return policy of 3 days should only apply if you changed your mind and don't want it.

Most of my dash cams have come from VIOFO, they have been good to work with on broke stuff, however, I have not had to return anything either. A three day warranty is only good for buyers remorse or something that is obviously broke when the box is opened. Not everyone installs a DC the day they get it. Arrives on Monday, gets installed on Saturday. Amazon is evil, but this is where they come in handy. Though I do confess, I probably use Amazon too much. :)

Where are you getting the info that it can use SSD?

Yes, it can use SSD but the main priority for recording is on Card, If you will remove the SSD the camera is displaying for 5 seconds a message that the recording will start on Card:
Viofo_A329_SSD_Removed.jpg

When you will connect the SSD and camera was already recording on Card, the message will stay over 30 seconds on the screen if you will not chose some option. If you will not chose an option during this time, camera will start recording on SSD:
Viofo_A329_SSD_Connected.jpg

Of course, when both storage devices are inserted you can enter in the camera menu and you can chose where to record the videos as main priority:
Viofo_A329_Video_Storage.jpg

When it is recording on SSD, the SSD icon is green color:
Viofo_A329_Main_Screen.jpg
When recording to the Card, the Card icon is green color. When no Card inserted or SSD connected over that icon will be a small red forbidden circle like you see in above image at the Wi-Fi icon, HDR, and microphone.

return policy
three day warranty
100% Risk Free 30-Day Return Policy is basic consumer protection.
Anything less would be uncivilized. lol
Viofo’s return policy is intrinsically written to discourage / prevent any return whatsoever bordering on “No Cash Refunds, All Sales Final”.
I understand protecting their bottom line from unscrupulous consumers, but that’s the cost of doing business with the general public unfortunately.

Is it USB flash drive storage?

Maybe it's early but I have a question about ssd.
For example, will there be an option regarding the brand, model and maximum capacity of the SSD that the camera will support? Or can all type-c portable SSD memories work?

Maybe it's early but I have a question about ssd.
For example, will there be an option regarding the brand, model and maximum capacity of the SSD that the camera will support? Or can all type-c portable SSD memories work?
You'd expect compatibility list like they did with microSD cards but maybe they could alleviate themselves out of warranty claims because it's external storage etc

At first glance and as a general assessment, we are faced with a new camera that becomes functional over time and takes into account the wishes of the users.

Just like the a229 duo, having a rear camera cable is a good decision. In the past, I said that the cable in the a229 duo model would be healthier instead of the coaxial cable connectors used in the a139 series. I think these connectors are more durable.

It is understood from the use of a coaxial cable that the rear camera does not have its own processor in the a329 model. This means that there will be faster and more stable recording compared to models with rear cameras with different processors.

I can also say that choosing the same rear camera case as the RTC300 case is a better choice in terms of the installability of the CPL500 compared to the CPL300.

There seems to be quite a lot of ventilation space in the main camera. Also, making the cooler as large as possible would be very useful in terms of preventing possible heating problems.

As far as I understand, the a329 seems to be a performance camera without a pro or plus model.

The menu graphic used in the a229 plus and pro series seems to be a bit time-consuming to me. Maybe you can adapt the selectability of the menu graphic to this camera. During installation, a menu setting such as "classic" or "smart menu" can be offered as an option and a setting for this can be added to the menu. The line spacing of the classic menu should be narrower and should be accessible immediately. This may not be very important for standard users. However, it will make it easier to test and experiment.

We will see the rest when we test it.

Congratulations @viofo, in advance for the new camera.
We know that we had to give up the rear camera when we used the telephoto camera on the a229 pro/plus models.

It looks like the a329 has a spare USB port, I'm considering the possibility of adding a telephoto camera in the future.
Although @viofo is not considering a 3-camera package for the A329, it may result in compatibility with the optional telephoto camera that can be purchased later.
If this is possible, of course, 60 fps will be abandoned and using it as a 4k front, 2k rear and 2k telephoto camera may also be among the options.

We know that we had to give up the rear camera when we used the telephoto camera on the a229 pro/plus models.

It looks like the a329 has a spare USB port, I'm considering the possibility of adding a telephoto camera in the future.
Although @viofo is not considering a 3-camera package for the A329, it may result in compatibility with the optional telephoto camera that can be purchased later.
If this is possible, of course, 60 fps will be abandoned and using it as a 4k front, 2k rear and 2k telephoto camera may also be among the options.
Maybe but is there really that big a market for three cameras I wonder, hence them not releasing a three channel solution this time. Hmm..

Back