A329. What is this?

Maybe but is there really that big a market for three cameras I wonder, hence them not releasing a three channel solution this time. Hmm..
commercial vehicles prefer 3 cameras. It is necessary for in-vehicle safety, especially in the transportation industry.

This is actually what I want to say. Instead of an economical package with 3 cameras, a powerful camera with two cameras can be supported with optional in-car, telephoto or waterproof rear cameras that can be purchased later.
Because people do not like to restrict and they like to adapt it to their own wishes and uses and they enjoy it.

Therefore, alternative solutions are always good.

If this is possible, of course, 60 fps will be abandoned and using it as a 4k front, 2k rear and 2k telephoto camera may also be among the options.
4K+2K+2K @60fps will be a different dashcam.

commercial vehicles prefer 3 cameras. It is necessary for in-vehicle safety, especially in the transportation industry.

This is actually what I want to say. Instead of an economical package with 3 cameras, a powerful camera with two cameras can be supported with optional in-car, telephoto or waterproof rear cameras that can be purchased later.
Because people do not like to restrict and they like to adapt it to their own wishes and uses and they enjoy it.

Therefore, alternative solutions are always good.
True but sales numbers are sales numbers so will be interesting to see how they go

Interesting it has coax for the rear, this is one of the reasons I like my A139 (and I bought an A139 Pro a few weeks ago!)

Anyone know the sensor details yet or lens specs? I've had a look on the FCC site but I'm currently on a really bad connection, not sure if that information is available yet

I'll definitely keep an eye for the reviews on this, might have to sell my A139s

Interesting it has coax for the rear, this is one of the reasons I like my A139 (and I bought an A139 Pro a few weeks ago!)

Anyone know the sensor details yet or lens specs? I've had a look on the FCC site but I'm currently on a really bad connection, not sure if that information is available yet

I'll definitely keep an eye for the reviews on this, might have to sell my A139s
I've been looking for a while at replacing my aging although still very functional SG9663DC.

My main priority was rear coax, after the last time I'm never trying to run USB again. Coax will be much easier to route through the cable grommets and cause less DAB interference. However I still wanted a screen which put me off the A139. While I don't see Viofo as a here today, gone tomorrow type of company, I don't like any technology that is reliant on a manufacturer's app.

I've been following @viofo posts for almost a year now, knowing it could be coming:

Last edited:
I've been looking for a while at replacing my aging although still very functional SG9663DC.

My main priority was rear coax, after the last time I'm never trying to run USB again. Coax will be much easier to route through the cable grommets and cause less DAB interference. However I still wanted a screen which put me off the A139. While I don't see Viofo as a here today, gone tomorrow type of company, I don't like any technology that is reliant on a manufacturer's app.

I've been following @viofo posts for almost a year now, knowing it could be coming:

Well spotted, yes having a display is also preferred for me

I was thinking yesterday, a SSD connected, got to increase power consumption, a issue not least while parked

I was thinking yesterday, a SSD connected, got to increase power consumption, a issue not least while parked
It will be interesting to see which SSD uses the least power, and how they compare to the best microSD...

If you use the SSD then you don't write to the microSD, so the amount of extra power used is going to be small, but it will decrease parking mode time a bit.

I wonder if the A329 supports a simple $10 USB-C thumb drive?

You could plug it in to backup the microSD card if you wanted a portable copy for any reason.

I wonder if the A329 supports a simple $10 USB-C thumb drive?

You could plug it in to backup the microSD card if you wanted a portable copy for any reason.
Yes, and you shouldn't even need a high performance thumb drive for file backup, the cheapest should do, unless it is a fake!

DDPAI N5 Dual solved this problem with the help of a parking sensor. They say 15 days.
See how does anyone say 15 days? Not a fan of blanket statements. When it comes to these advanced parking modes like radar there is still a factor of where you park. How much traffic is around you. If you live in an apartment building with 500 other tenants and your dash camera is constantly waking up from vehicles driving past your car and people walking by it will not last that long. Either way we will see what this A329 has in store for people......

But for me it is not usable and a waste of money.
Interesting how people have differing priorities and preferences. For me WiFi and cloud are useless as is parking mode. Give me a fairly small, 2 channel, reliable camera with a screen to do the setup and I'm a happy camper.

Does anyone have a rough idea on how long it may take viofo to actually release the A329? Are we talking in a month, before end of year, or a year from now? I haven’t followed viofo long enough to understand their previous releases.

Does anyone have a rough idea on how long it may take viofo to actually release the A329? Are we talking in a month, before end of year, or a year from now? I haven’t followed viofo long enough to understand their previous releases.
As it is on pre-release sale, you can expect a few weeks, almost certainly before Christmas, but it will be released when ready, not before, so no guaranteed date. Also, if too many people order in the presale, you may end up waiting for a second production run, so it may be good to be at the beginning of the queue to avoid several weeks extra. I think that happened with the A229 Pro, first production runs tend to be small.

Amazon gets served after the presale orders.

It looks like the a329 has a spare USB port, I'm considering the possibility of adding a telephoto camera in the future.
According to the user manual the USB port on he side of the camera is only for power, and SSD.
It does not support a remote camera.

Reactions: Mtz
Back