A400 bootlooping

Tessarvo

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Basically my a400 gets stuck on 70mai logo, turns off and repeats a cycle. It worked for maybe 10minutes after first boot. I tried using better charger and the problem persists.

What is your A400 version? Chinese with GPS or international? Show a photo of the sticker or box on the back side.

International, SN: 2400C02DH1465338; Prod. Date: 04/2021; Gray
I downgraded it to 1.0.1 using fw from 4pda but no change. It turns on after disconnecting camera sensor from the mainboard, but obviously isn't very useful in that state. Reconnecting the sensor causes bootlooping again. I've seen some reports on similar thing happening on a500s, but no solution there either.

Last edited:
Try firmware 1.0.5ww.
I understand correctly, does it turn on after you turn off the second additional rear camera or turn off the main sensor if you disassemble the device?

If the firmware, reset, proper power supply and memory card do not help, it is better to replace the device with your seller. This is clearly a hardware problem.

Additional rear camera doesn't cause any bootlooping, but it won't show any video if the main sensor is disconnected from the mainboard. It only bootloops if the main sensor is connected. I'll try 1.0.5 again. (Update: I tried and it didn't work) In the meantime I contacted the seller and got a refund. I don't have to return the faulty camera though. Would rear camera work with other 70mai cameras like a500s or is it only for a400?

Last edited:
Would rear camera work with other 70mai cameras like a500s or is it only for a400?
Yes, the camera is fully compatible with A800/A800s/A500s

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B A400 / A400HS 5
DashCamMan A400 / A400HS 1
J A400 / A400HS 5
Back