A8 Dashcam date/time reset repair

Farmerpug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read about the issue that the A8 dash cams suffer from a problem with resetting the date and time, and this is an issue i notice in mine since i bought it new off ebay, the footage and all other functions are fine, and although its not a huge issue i don't mind trying to fix it myself, its something about the battery being small?

Has anyone fixed the issue with the A8 dash cams resetting the date and time, i would like to have a go at changing the battery.

ok, wasn't sure what an A8 was

are you getting any file corruption on shutdown to suggest that the battery is no good?

No file corruption or issues with the footage other than the time and date settings getting lost if the camera is left switched off for more than a few hours.

Its wired into the 12v of my car so i don't know how long the batteries last, i have connected a tv to it a few times to set the time and date but after the car has been turned off reviewing the footage shows the date has reset to the wrong date.

Might be beneficial to test before pulling it apart in case it's something other than a battery issue

Hasn't been that popular a model on here so not much helpful info to be found unfortunately

I thought if it was a documented issue on the buying guide someone may have had experience with repairing it, why is the A8 harder to find than the other smallest dash cams? It was harder to track down on ebay but i wanted one for the switch that turned the mic on and off, i thought the other ones need the mic to be turned on every time the camera is powered up.

Nonetheless thanks for your help and replies.

Just not a popular model, most are interested in 1080p models, lots of cameras have a key that can mute audio, it's fairly common even if not that well promoted

Back