A800s Parking mode

QLHB

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I got the A800s and it uses G sensor parking mode. Does anyone know if the Chinese firmware has time lapse parking mode by any chance? If so is there a way to change to it?
Also I have the A800 in my wife car and it seems the A800s take a bit longer to power on. Is there a way to speed it up?

G'day m8. Welcome to the forum.

No idea on the firmware's, but there are nothing you can do to the boot time.

I got the A800s and it uses G sensor parking mode. Does anyone know if the Chinese firmware has time lapse parking mode by any chance? If so is there a way to change to it?
Also I have the A800 in my wife car and it seems the A800s take a bit longer to power on. Is there a way to speed it up?
Welcome to the forums.
A short answer is no and no.
I found the parking mode they offer near to useless as itwill star recording 5 seconds after an impact leaving a lot of time for many things or evidence to be missed as they happen so fast. Also, it will take a good amount of force to trigger it to start recording.
Also I don't see them changing or adding a buffered parking mode as they don't seem to want to take any suggestions seriously as they seem extremely protective of their own way. There may be some hardware limitations that could prevent them to add such feature and a major one could be overheating.

That;s not too good news, as i just ordered one today ...

That;s not too good news, as i just ordered one today ...
You can always return it. At least you will get a chance to test it and see if you still like it.

I just replaced my old Itronics ITB500 with the dual A800S.
First of all the yellow wire from the power kit labeled as ACC+ ("Accessories" in the automotive world) should be "Battery" or "VBAT" or however. The red one labeled as VCC+ should be Acc/Contact/however.
Anyway, after figuring out they were labeled differently the camera finally recognizes the power kit cable, but there is no video recorded in parking mode! The parking surveillance mode is set to "High", and the G sensor sensitivity is also set to high, after a while after shutting down the car I can see on the camera screen that "Parking surveillance mode will start in 5 minutes" but no parking surveillance happens, even if after those 5 minutes I start knocking on the windows, doors or windshield.
Is there any other setting I need to do to make it work as expected rather than setting the camera on continuous recording (never shut down after car shut off)?

Karma decided that I should have the car checked by a burglar first day after replacing the Itronics with the A800S so the handle on the driver's door is now hanging lose, and the damn thing did not record anything. When I leave the car parked for a longer period of time the camera is powered by its own 80Ah battery (I wired things in such a way that I can change the cables easily), so there is no way the camera did not record due to low battery voltage (the battery is new and it sat on a charger before I started using it).

I don't want to return the camera because I really like the 4K recordings (despite the inability to remove or at least make the 70MAI logo smaller, and have the possibility to remove the GPS coordinates independently of the speed recording), but in 2021 I'd expect to be easier to make these things work properly than it was 10 years ago.
The 70MAI support keeps sending me to the "seller" for support, the seller is actually the 70MAI store on Aliexpress. I have to admit I'm a bit frustrated at this point...

Back