About Autosync - how does it work?

guoyn123

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi all, I am trying to find the best dash cam for me. About autosync, how does it wok in iOS? Does the app process always stay in background? If I reboot my iphone, then my iphone connect to the dash cam via bluetooth, does this auotsync function still work?
When the emergence happens and autosync is activited, the phone will get just a notification or download the emergence video directly?

Hello,

The AutoSync feature automatically connects the footage from your dash cam’s SD card to your phone app when the dash cam and app are connected. To be connected, the dash cam will need to be turned on and within approximately two metres of the phone. In the centre bottom of the app screen, you will see a tab labelled ‘Dash Cam’. When this tab is opened, you will be able to see a list of recorded footage from your SD card. This is being streamed via a Wi-Fi connection from the dash cam to the phone. From here you can view the footage and download it to the app for viewing and sharing when away from the camera. Please be aware that the Wi-Fi connection will only function if the camera is turned on, within approximately two metres, and the Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone.

When the phone and app have been set up, and the appropriate settings have been enabled on the phone to allow connection when the phone screen is disabled, your phone and camera can communicate as you are driving. This allows features such as ESOS to function whilst your phone is inactive.
For an iPhone, these are:
On your iPhone, go into Settings- MyNextbase- Background Refresh Data- Ensure this is turned on. If you see 'Location' this must also be set to 'Always'. These settings will allow the app to operate in the background of your phone, and allow for re-connection if the phone is restarted.
Then go to your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.

If an incident occurs and your camera recognises unusual G-force, then the camera will automatically protect the footage. When you next open your phone, you will be alerted to the availability of new protected footage.

Your app will then inform you how many protected files have been detected and ask if you would like to download them to the ‘Library’ folder on your app.
Once ‘Start AutoSync’ is selected, the footage will then be displayed, along with an option to upload the footage to the MyNextbase Cloud.

Once AutoSync has completed, the app will state how many files have been saved to the ‘Library’ tab within the app.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back