About ready to throw in the towel... (card errors from hell)

If I format it to be Windows only, that may render this impossible, no?
well, the camera uses Fat32 file system only and once you put a card with the video on a mac it may create some hidden files/folders I have no idea how the camera will react to it after the Mac. but you should be able to copy the video onto a Mac for editing.
I'm trying to avoid Mac users possible problems, you can do it just for the test.
just make sure you format the card and not the hard drive. :)
I use this utility all the time under Windows OS.

well, the camera uses Fat32 file system only and once you put a card with the video on a mac it may create some hidden files/folders I have no idea how the camera will react to it after the Mac. but you should be able to copy the video onto a Mac for editing.
I'm trying to avoid Mac users possible problems, you can do it just for the test.
just make sure you format the card and not the hard drive. :)
I use this utility all the time under Windows OS.
I see.

Will this program also be able to clear a 128GB card for a FAT32? I'm finding that apparently, unless the card is 32GB or smaller, you cannot format it for FAT32.

What's confusing me is, if I'm going to have to copy all the files over to the Mac and jump through hoops to get my footage over every time I want to edit...this may get to be quite annoying.

I was able to use my last (A119S) dash cam for quite a while before it overnight just stopped working, and this one as well.
So I'm a bit annoyed as I've already done this with my last card and it did not make any difference.

I see.

Will this program also be able to clear a 128GB card for a FAT32? I'm finding that apparently, unless the card is 32GB or smaller, you cannot format it for FAT32.

What's confusing me is, if I'm going to have to copy all the files over to the Mac and jump through hoops to get my footage over every time I want to edit...this may get to be quite annoying.

I was able to use my last (A119S) dash cam for quite a while before it overnight just stopped working, and this one as well.
So I'm a bit annoyed as I've already done this with my last card and it did not make any difference.
this program will quick format (recommended) any storage to a fat32 file system and this is what it's used for. use default settings and check the size of the card and possible errors, it will take 3-4 seconds to quick format 128gb card.
I don't think it's a good idea to edit the video on SD card - it's for writing the video and watching it primarily.

Back