Abu Dhabi

Toubib

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hello
I want to install dashcam in my bmw 2020.
I am looking for an expert installer who can do the hardwiring in a professional and neat way, doing all necessary programming etc....
Any recommendations in Abu Dhabi ( other than the dealer )?

Hello edward
The dealer installs their own camera system ( called advanced car eye 2.0)
They are selling the camera for 1100 $
Installation cost: 800$
Total cost: 1900!
NB: they won’t accept fitting the camera system if not bought from them. The price of the “advance car eye” on eBay is 450$.

Welcome to the forum Toubib.

Shops that do car alarms and car stereo will be able to install a dashcam just fine, it should only take 1-2 hours to install.

Thank you for your reply kamkar
I know these shops are able to do that.
I am asking for a recommendation for a professional one who would do the job same quality as dealer.

A typical BMW response :( Car Audio installers are one of the better places to look for installation, but may not be conversant with the BMW power scheme for this, since car stereos have a dedicated supply wiring plug, and with dashcams (especially those hardwired for parking) you usually have to locate and tap into properly-behaving circuits. Which with all of the newer BMW's usually means will be seen by the car as an unexpected power drain and be cut off, set a OBD2 trouble code, or both.

But still car audio shops are the best place to check, as nobody other than the dealer will have their level of knowledge and skills installing electronics.

Phil

I don’t know about dealers in Abu Dhabi but in the uk I’m pretty sure they would hardwire a dash cam, the one near to me most definitely would as long as you want to pay their labour rate.

Back