Accessing video files

chrisn7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a month back, I bought another Pan S from Niko, to have in the car during a long trip in France. I formatted the card in the camera as instructed. On arrival, I decide to see if all was working ok, and sure enough the files could be played back on the camera.

On trying to view on the laptop however, the computer wanted to format the disk. Since there was nothing from the trip I needed to keep, I accepted this, but of course when the card was re installed into the camera, that wanted to format it again.

Returning home I tried again on another laptop, which works fine with the card from my first PanS, and this too showed the same issue - each device wants to format the disk.

Any suggestions please?

What is the make/model/size card? You should only format inside the camera, never computer

This usually means you have a laptop with an older non-SDXC compliant memory card reader (or older USB card reader) What are you using to read the card with?

That must be the fastest response ever! Thank you.
I looked back to to see what cards others had used/recommended, and went for a Kingston 128 Gb SDXC,

The computer is indeed an elderly IBM Thinkpad T410 used as everyday workhorse, so the non compliant card reader seems likely? There is no sd card slot so using an SDHC card to usb adapter - perhaps this is the problem..

You are right. I remembered I have another Kingston reader and that is SDXC compliant, so I have now been able to check the pic quality, which looks excellent. Temperatures in France were 31C in the shade most days, and this camera appears to have been unaffected.

One thing - can the blue flashing light on the rear right be turned off - wifey finds it distracting?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

A small ball of blue tack stops the glare and easily molded thin enough with fingers for visual.

Time for the Duct tape then...

Back