Accfly Wifi dash cam...anyone familiar with it? Reviews?

dwpc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think wifi, smartphones and dash cams are a natural fit but am curious why there are so few dash cams using wifi. This Accfly ACC-007 is the only one I've found that's not too pricey or clunky and is discrete similar to a B40, but I've found no 3rd party info on it. I asked a few questions on Amazon and the vendor (Camtop Team) was very responsive. Any comments?

Accfly Wifi ACC-007

Attachments

• 41GbyIS2g-L.jpg
    41GbyIS2g-L.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
This Accfly ACC-007 is the only one I've found that's not too pricey or clunky
I have something similar to this in casing bought from Amazon here
This seems to be a public design. I glanced over your link and did not notice what chipset was used. The one I have uses a NT96658.
Skyhigh makes one that uses a different chipset, but in the same style case.

If it uses the NT96658 like the one I have The version is WH-WIFI-0919G The bitrate is 13MB Loop segment choices are 3/5/10 with no 1 min choice.The Final Cam app that you use to change settings on the camera is also a little limited only offering resolution, WDR, loop, and G-Sensor settings that I noticed. There is nothing like plate stamping or exposure settings. The camera seems to sync the time when you connect to your mobile device. There is also a small amount of audio crackle.

It is hardwire only. I ended up buying a car lead with wires and wired it to that so I could run it off my cars plug, but doing it that way I had to manually turn it on after I started my car because it was not hooked to the ACC. Also doing it this way causes the cameras time to reset every time you turn it back on. The mounting was not bad. It lined up with the mirror of my Subaru well and looks like a third EyeSight sensor. It comes pre-applied with real 3M VHB dual sided adhesive in a gray color so that was nice.

3HeXQfZ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Good info. I've just asked what chipset they use. I saw the one on your link, but they used pics of four different cameras on the Amazon page, so I took a pass. I've kind of narrowed it down to this one or a B40, which is a hunt in itself due to the plethora of clones.

the housings are generic and there's currently four different solutions available (that I know of) for them, Ambarella, AIT and 2 Novatek versions, we're doing a solution for these also but a few months before they'll be ready

The phone app provided with this camera is "Finalcam" and it deletes the video file from the microSD when downloaded to an iPhone on wifi. This is a deal breaker. If I view it on the iPhone, its apparently impossible difficult to copy it to another device. Can I use a different iOS app for wifi video? The Accfly does have a NT96658 chipset.

CheckYourLights, that uniway camera says it uses the Sony sensor, the spy tec version uses the novatek. There's a review for the Unitec confirming that. Did I missunderstand something?

CheckYourLights, that uniway camera says it uses the Sony sensor, the spy tec version uses the novatek. There's a review for the Unitec confirming that. Did I missunderstand something?

Novatek is the processor not the sensor

Back