Accident - tailgater - 2 vehicles - could have been much worse

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Here is an accident I witnessed on October 25th, 2016 on the Eastbound Collector 401 at Neilson in Scarborough involving a dark Honda Civic and Toyota Rav4. This clip from my Mobius is essentially unedited. I cut some time off at the beginning and end of the clip here. Another video will be made with this clip and my other front dash cam. This is just to get uploaded as soon as possible.

If you want to see the accident only, jump to the 1 minute mark.

Notice the dark civic a the beginning of the clip.

I did not stop at side of the road as I thought it was dangerous as I was in the middle of a multi lane highway with car flying past me. I did call the OPP when I stopped to pick up my wife.

Wow !
What a duchenberger ! So the idiot was trying to push ( bully ) the vehicle in front of him , and then either sped up to pass or the traffic slowed and kaka happened ...
That was Kaka For Brains action if ever I have seen it . I hope this footage finds its way to the Victim + Police .. That butt wipe should not be driving a lethal weapon .

Wow !
What a duchenberger ! So the idiot was trying to push ( bully ) the vehicle in front of him , and then either sped up to pass or the traffic slowed and kaka happened ...
That was Kaka For Brains action if ever I have seen it . I hope this footage finds its way to the Victim + Police .. That butt wipe should not be driving a lethal weapon .

I only saw the accident as the spins out occurred. I didn't see the cause until I looked at the video in the evening. The wide lens on the Mobius doesn't really show the cause. I looked at the mobius Video and thought it was a bad lane change, but with my other camera, which has a narrow lens, it appeas the civic hit the CRV from behind.

I am working on editing the video with my editor but its slow. Its so fast and easy to extract the clips you want with ffmpeg.

Video of same accident with my other front mounted dash cam

Hmmmm ...
I am not sure he hit the SUV until after loosing control .

1) Tailgating and trying to push the car in front
2) For some reason , accelerates and pulls out ( ? ) There was another car in front of the black SUV U were following , this car blocked Butt wipe and may have moved forward .
And ? he suddenly whips his car out of his lane ( ? ) To change lanes ? Once the other car cleared the lane to his left ?
The maneuver was too violent and Butt wipe loses control and hits the SUV .

Did he hit the SUV before or during the lane change ? ( I can't see one way or the other )

Either way , kaka for brains needs to walk for the next 5 years at least . I sure would like that homicidal maniac removed from road use as a matter of public safety .

I'd say it's pretty clear that the sole cause of the crash was the civic driver tailgating and total lack of driving skill.
Rav 4 driver recovered from it pretty well, considering.

Too many here are tailgating. Rav is too close & so ends up touching his brakes. Idiot in black car also got way too close - so when he saw the brake lights, he whipped out into next lane, oversteered, threw it back the other way to correct but went too far?

Hmmmm ...
I am not sure he hit the SUV until after loosing control .

Last night, in regular speed it appeared there was a tap before the civic spun out. Converting to slow motion, I can see otherwise

Just got off the phone and spoke to an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) constable. It would have helped if I had the license plate when I called, but he was able to locate based on time and description of the vehicles. Its an accord, not a civic.

I mentioned the driving of the Accord before the accident. The officer will be giving my phone number to the driver of the white Rav4.

Edit; the driver of the civic claims he lost control during a lane change. Doesn't discuss his driving before that.

I drove through rush hour traffic in Dallas early this morning. People tailgating in construction zones, whipping in/out of lanes, cutting accross 3 lanes to get to exits at the last minute.
I really think they need unmarked camera cars or vans that follow drivers for 15-20 minutes, document EVERY stupid/illegal thing they do, then haul them into court.

'In 15 minutes of video you have 27 documented infractions. You will go to a driver training course in the next 30 days, and be on probation for a year. You don't have to comply, but your license will be suspended for 6 months if you don't, and any vehicle you are found driving if under suspension will be towed, and impounded, at your expense.'

Yeah ... Rav4 slows ( with the traffic ) .. And accord driver whips it in response ... ( Why do people do that ? , whip it into the next lane ? - It's so crazy dog gone nuts )
So the police are not going to investigate the crazy accord driver ?

I really think they need unmarked camera cars or vans that follow drivers for 15-20 minutes, document EVERY stupid/illegal thing they do, then haul them into court.

''

I have been saying that every day now for the last two years. I have a few cases of unmarked cars ticketing someone on my youtube channels. The drivers would be less likely to pull the stunts they do if there was a marked vehicle.

Sadly, some states don't permit unmarked vehicles. I spoke to the a police officer and I said there was a lot more to the accord driver than just losing control of his vehicle.

When the accord driver wrote his statement, yes he or she is NOT going to state I was tailgating, speeding (minutes before the accident) and made an unsafe lane change even if the Rav4 didn't break.

I can shoot videos and there two or three cars committing an infraction in 10 seconds. When videos are shot of the Toronto Transit commission drivers committing an office, there are people defending saying what about the other crappy drivers.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone and spoke to an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) constable. It would have helped if I had the license plate when I called, but he was able to locate based on time and description of the vehicles. Its an accord, not a civic.

I mentioned the driving of the Accord before the accident. The officer will be giving my phone number to the driver of the white Rav4.

Edit; the driver of the civic claims he lost control during a lane change. Doesn't discuss his driving before that.
Ur a good guy

Yeah ... Rav4 slows ( with the traffic ) .. And accord driver whips it in response ... ( Why do people do that ? , whip it into the next lane ? - It's so crazy dog gone nuts )
So the police are not going to investigate the crazy accord driver ?

Ontario has a phone number you can call to quickly get to the Provincial police force. She was aware of the accident, but did not seem interested in me going to the collision centre. By 7:30 today - I didn't get a call, so I called the collision centre. Minutes later an officer from the provincial police called and I gave the details. He gave my name and number to the driver of the white /silver Rav. I spoke to her and she will be giving my information to her insurance agent.

She went to the hospital last evening but seems to be ok

Ontario has a phone number you can call to quickly get to the Provincial police force. She was aware of the accident, but did not seem interested in me going to the collision centre. By 7:30 today - I didn't get a call, so I called the collision centre. Minutes later an officer from the provincial police called and I gave the details. He gave my name and number to the driver of the white /silver Rav. I spoke to her and she will be giving my information to her insurance agent.

She went to the hospital last evening but seems to be ok
I live in Richmond Hill and travel on Hwy 7 every day and each day I see such stupid driving that I can write a book.

When I worked in healthcare I was required to have yearly assessment of all my skills (known as competency testing) because there was a chance that a mistake could kill someone.
I think the same should apply to drivers.

When I worked in healthcare I was required to have yearly assessment of all my skills (known as competency testing) because there was a chance that a mistake could kill someone.
I think the same should apply to drivers.
More so for the simple reason there are more drivers than health care workers.

my mom has always said that people should have to pass an actual driving test (not just a written test) every time they renew their license. and that once a person hits 60, that they should not be able to renew for more than 2 years at a time because people's skills degrade rapidly when they get older. and she still believes that even though she's now over 60 herself.

here in texas, you only have to either stand in line at the DMV or just click a few buttons online to renew your license. they do make you come in for a new photo once a decade, but that's it. and when you renew, it's good for 6 years.

convenience over safety? :rolleyes:

There are good drivers , and there are bad drivers ...
At the moment the system penalizes bad drivers in the form of TAX ( Financial payment for bad driving )
Obviously this type of system is great for revenue raising ( There are a lot of bad drivers )
Unfortunately the system does not actually correct the bad driver situation ( drivers continue to be bad ) .
Hence more revenue is collected .
A class action law suite against the state may be needed , to force the state to re-educate bad drivers or at least force bad drivers to be re-educated ( upskilled )
Upskilling as been in place in the workforce for a long time now .
Perhaps it should be extended to car driving and politicians .

and any vehicle you are found driving if under suspension will be towed, and impounded, at your expense.'

Just saw some Danish dumbass in a cop program get his Audi A4 confiscated as this was the 4 time within 3 years he been stopped for driving and not having a license due to DUI ( offcourse )
I do like the cops here can do stuff like that now, but still you have to do it 3 times within 3 years ( and thats just the times you get busted he properly been driving the whole time )
Only if you do repeated DUI without a license, then the cops can take the car right then and there.

Over here its party time every day at the moment, shootings and what not.

This guy is not only a bad driver hitting a guy on a moped and then run ( on foot ), but then again what he had in the back of the van may result in ppl being a little on edge.

https://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE3441583/35-aarig-banket-og-overhaeldt-med-benzin-i-nordjylland/&edit-text=&act=url

Somebody was lucky his ass was not torched "alive" by these 2 creeps

Last edited:
Back