Accident with 4 vehicles captured on GoPro, Motorcyclist walks away in 1 piece

Plano ( Tx ) if i am not mistaken, funny my brain choose to store such stuff, all i know of Plano are the boxes we used to store our fishing tackle in.
Sure as hell cant remember anything worth mentioning from the town Plano, or why my brain have decided to store a little info on it.

Between my dad and myself, we bought a few boxes from Plano too.

Just came back from a walk with my dog. Of the 5 cars drove in the opposing direction, three of them were distracted. Perhaps Simba (my Great Dane/ Rottweiler cross) and myself should get a Go pro.

Not if Simba are like Fie ( full great dane ) she just underline the characteristics of the breed being skittish about sounds and new people,,,, well most of them at least.
Other dogs on the other hand, then she will try and pull my 110 Kg towards them as soon as possible cuz to her other dogs mean forget all you have learned its playtime now.
And my friends dog, that pushed the SJ6 legend action camera out of my hand and into his fish pond, a more wll mannered dog aside for 1 problem even dog trainers can not handle it on a leash, so thank god its really good off leash.

The way he ran to safety is almost exactly what I did after my serious bike crash. Except I didn't whoop with relief, and I had to jump down from the car roof first. But the running ... I know exactly where he was coming from.

That hatcam gives a great picture. I am sure its more discrete than this

simba is somewhat timid, and is the only dog I have ever owned that has never shown bad attitude towards me. He runs if I raise my voice, even I am not angry at him. He grew up with an older pure bred golden retriever that was protective of the home and the other dog in the house, and he just followed the leader. Also the rotti in him. He is protective of the home and will from time to time protest anyone who gets to close to us during a walk. He hates skateboards and roller bladers. I thinks its his sensitive ears and the sound they make.

They make hats for dogs. We had one for our beagle

IMG00378 1.jpg
IMG00376 1.jpg

Perhaps I could have fitted a Mobius over it. Size discrimination: can't find a hat large enough for Great Danes.

I thought I read somewhere some jurisdictions discourage camera on helmets, but as a viewer I prefer watching those videos as opposed being on a shoulder.

Last edited:
I'm looking to find a hat cam of sorts to give an accurate view of what I can see / what I am looking at when I'm driving. There are times when it could prove a lot (I'm especially thinking of overtaking bikers, they are nuts here.) A commercial hat cam is close, but they will have battery issues. Spectacle cameras would give the ideal view, but I wear real glasses so they are ruled out. I really can't think of anything better than a Mobius clipped onto a cap, so I should just do that I think.

You can get some Pivothead camera glasses and put prescription lenses on them. They don't look too bad.

http://www.pivothead.com

471308227_1280x720.jpg

Plano ( Tx ) if i am not mistaken, funny my brain choose to store such stuff, all i know of Plano are the boxes we used to store our fishing tackle in.
Sure as hell cant remember anything worth mentioning from the town Plano, or why my brain have decided to store a little info on it.
you remember correctly. it's a suburb of Dallas.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/...oad,+Plano,+TX/@33.1003141,-96.7343745,17.63z

I have a large Plano box with wheels for all my RC stuff. I can't fit all my cars in it, but i can fit all my quads, spares, tools, and transmitters in there.

Instead of checking out the cross traffic, he was checking out the distracted driver.

dd.jpg

Interesting, and something I should smarten up on myself as I too have taken a prolonged look at the distracted driver to the side of me. I have avoided some pretty serious accidents by being focused on what is ahead of me.

Note to self: Don't use compact SUV's as a shield to my side as they tend to flip easily

Most cars can climb another car like that, as seen several times in crash compilations.
So if you want to attack another vehicle at such a shallow angle you better not be in gear and throttle, if you are freewheeling it should take more to flip your SUV.

Guess we will see that clip in the karma are a bitch videos.

Instead of checking out the cross traffic, he was checking out the distracted driver.

View attachment 37342
Ironic that the biker was distracted by the distracted driver.
And that the distracted driver dodged a bullet.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Most cars can climb another car like that, as seen several times in crash compilations.
So if you want to attack another vehicle at such a shallow angle you better not be in gear and throttle, if you are freewheeling it should take more to flip your SUV.

Guess we will see that clip in the karma are a bitch videos.

I've seen 3 or 4 SUV's do the flip in the last year or so and 2 Jeeps with the big tires, all flipped rather easily in my opinion

Hehe yeah the big tires probably dont make it better.

Here you can not.
Lift or lower your car in chassis or suspension at least not more than 1 inch MAX
you can not put on wider tires making your car have wider stance ( measured fromm the middle of the factory tires )
Some do and compensate with more offset on the wheels, but really you can not do much this way, tires can not protrude outside of the body at all and fender flares do not count.
Also you can not UP the power of your engine more than a few %

Pretty much if its fun you can not do it here as big brother forbid it :censored: personally i dont care if people want to drive a death trap they should be allowed to.

Back