Accidental Firmware Update Trouble

I_Like_Bread

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blueskysea B1W
About a month ago, I bought my 1st B1W and installed it in my car with no issues. I liked this cam so much that I got another one for my fiancee. I tried installing it in her car today using the same process as I did with mine but this time, I ran into an issue. I inserted the SD card, plugged in the cam, formatted the SD card using the app, and everything was fine. I unplugged it, removed the SD Card, placed the latest firmware files in the root directory, inserted the SD card back into the cam, then plugged the cam in. About 2 seconds after the green light came on, the car's power turned off. The car is quite new so I'm not familiar with all its bells and whistles but it has a keyless ignition system so I was unable to physically turn the key into ACC/ON position to make sure I have a steady source of power. As it turns out, the car was only in some kind of temporary standby mode where the power turns on after you unlock the car but turns off after a couple of minutes. The power cutting out caused the cam to turn off during firmware update and now, whenever I try to plug it back in, it only gives me a steady green light and I can't connect to it with the app. No beeps, no robotic female voice. Just a solid green light. I don't know what to do.

I read other posts regarding users bricking their cams and the only solution seems to be @estore009 sending them a firmware update through PM. Are there any other solutions or would I just have to tag @estore009 and hope that they see this post?

you've tagged them already so I'm sure they'll help you out, only 7am in China right now so might be a few hours yet before they get back to you

About a month ago, I bought my 1st B1W and installed it in my car with no issues. I liked this cam so much that I got another one for my fiancee. I tried installing it in her car today using the same process as I did with mine but this time, I ran into an issue. I inserted the SD card, plugged in the cam, formatted the SD card using the app, and everything was fine. I unplugged it, removed the SD Card, placed the latest firmware files in the root directory, inserted the SD card back into the cam, then plugged the cam in. About 2 seconds after the green light came on, the car's power turned off. The car is quite new so I'm not familiar with all its bells and whistles but it has a keyless ignition system so I was unable to physically turn the key into ACC/ON position to make sure I have a steady source of power. As it turns out, the car was only in some kind of temporary standby mode where the power turns on after you unlock the car but turns off after a couple of minutes. The power cutting out caused the cam to turn off during firmware update and now, whenever I try to plug it back in, it only gives me a steady green light and I can't connect to it with the app. No beeps, no robotic female voice. Just a solid green light. I don't know what to do.

I read other posts regarding users bricking their cams and the only solution seems to be @estore009 sending them a firmware update through PM. Are there any other solutions or would I just have to tag @estore009 and hope that they see this post?
Thanks for the report, and please check your inbox message, PM you the reset firmware already!

I just did a firmware update wifi ON and same problem - only green light is on and not connecting with app anymore. Could I also receive the reset firmware instructions @estore009
Thank you

I just did a firmware update wifi ON and same problem - only green light is on and not connecting with app anymore. Could I also receive the reset firmware instructions @estore009
Thank you
Check your inbox message, please!

Ooops.... Changing firmware my B1W seems bricked, it has a steady green light, so I need @estore009 help.
Thanks in advance!

Ooops.... Changing firmware my B1W seems bricked, it has a steady green light, so I need @estore009 help.
Thanks in advance!
It happens if the camera loses power during loading firmware! Anyway, please check your inbox message, PM you reset firmware already!

@estore009 would'nt it be easier to put a link to the reset firmware somewhere in the forum, so that anyone who needs it has access to it without having to ask you to PM them?

@estore009 would'nt it be easier to put a link to the reset firmware somewhere in the forum, so that anyone who needs it has access to it without having to ask you to PM them?
It would be, but perhaps they want to keep a count of how many people need it and be able to talk them through any problems

PM you reset the firmware already

@estore009

Hello,

I just encountered the same issue, can I have the reset tool please? Tomorrow morning I will be going on a road trip and it would be nice if I can solve this problem... Thanks!

Hi there, I seem to be having a similar issue -- it was working perfectly, but I noticed today that there was no startup sound when I plugged the camera into my car and the camera's Wi-Fi no longer shows up for me to connect to it to see what's going on via the app. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi there, I seem to be having a similar issue -- it was working perfectly, but I noticed today that there was no startup sound when I plugged the camera into my car and the camera's Wi-Fi no longer shows up for me to connect to it to see what's going on via the app. Any help would be much appreciated!
PM you reset the firmware already!

Can i get that reset firmware please just in case?

Reset the camera by loading firmware with a Windows laptop, please

Please download this tool here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcMO4W664dvM--CxoY0QMjMfmph3pBcG

Also, please load this BIN file from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY9W1kx7jMn7pFl1MZGEfpVfz-a32Mlh/view

And then you can load it in this way: No need to insert a memory card into camera unit, please note!
1) Keep pressing this button when plugging into the laptop USB socket.
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link.
3)Click this "start update"

Back