Action cam, 1080 60p on a budget.

Hehejaa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Okey, so i'm looking for an action cam that can atleast do 1080p in 60 fps.
Other features such as 2k, 4k or whatever is not interesting.

I've looked through alot of reviews but they dont seem to focus much on what im interested in.

Its gonna be used to film skateboarding and simillar extreme sports, i don't mind the distortion the fisheye gives off at all and i prefer having the widest lens possible.

So what im looking for is a cheap action camera that can do 60fps in 1080p with decent quality.

I've been eyeballing the eken H9 for a while, seems like you get alot for not that much money but i also don't like the way the footage looks from it.

Then we ofcourse have the Git2, seems to be a pretty complete camera for the price and for what i want but its the most expensive one out of the ones im considering.

The Xiaomi yi is also tempting considering the price/performance ratio, i've heard about the problems with OOF lenses and other things but for the price you get some good footage, i'd prefer having a screen though and if i'd buy that loose the price is right up there with the Git 2.

The sj5000x elite seems to be a decent choice too but simillar price as Git2.

Then we have the Elephone explorer and explorer Pro, the non pro version seems to put out pretty nice video, the pro version seems good too, theyre priced pretty decent but the problem here is that you can add another 10 euros and get the git 2 instead, and the non pro version have alot of competition that are more popular.

Last but not least is the Blackview Hero 1, seems to have everything i want pretty much for a low price, what's so negative about it since no one is discussing it anymore?

I havnt been able to find good comparisons, wich camera has the widest lens?

The gyro stabilisation is not that important for me, due to the fact that it reduces FOV i probably wont ever use it.

Help me out!

Last edited:
Agree. Even attached directly to my sister's snow board the git2 gave great footage. I haven't edited it down yet but I have a snapshot:

Cam-on-snowboard-1920x1080.png

I would third on Git2 here - and in my opinion if you're looking at anything cheaper than that, spend the extra $ to get a cam with gyro stabiliser. It makes any action footage far more usable.

Okey, so i'm looking for an action cam that can atleast do 1080p in 60 fps.
Other features such as 2k, 4k or whatever is not interesting.

I've looked through alot of reviews but they dont seem to focus much on what im interested in.

Its gonna be used to film skateboarding and simillar extreme sports, i don't mind the distortion the fisheye gives off at all and i prefer having the widest lens possible.

So what im looking for is a cheap action camera that can do 60fps in 1080p with decent quality.

I've been eyeballing the eken H9 for a while, seems like you get alot for not that much money but i also don't like the way the footage looks from it.

Then we ofcourse have the Git2, seems to be a pretty complete camera for the price and for what i want but its the most expensive one out of the ones im considering.

The Xiaomi yi is also tempting considering the price/performance ratio, i've heard about the problems with OOF lenses and other things but for the price you get some good footage, i'd prefer having a screen though and if i'd buy that loose the price is right up there with the Git 2.

The sj5000x elite seems to be a decent choice too but simillar price as Git2.

Then we have the Elephone explorer and explorer Pro, the non pro version seems to put out pretty nice video, the pro version seems good too, theyre priced pretty decent but the problem here is that you can add another 10 euros and get the git 2 instead, and the non pro version have alot of competition that are more popular.

Last but not least is the Blackview Hero 1, seems to have everything i want pretty much for a low price, what's so negative about it since no one is discussing it anymore?

I havnt been able to find good comparisons, wich camera has the widest lens?

The gyro stabilisation is not that important for me, due to the fact that it reduces FOV i probably wont ever use it.

Help me out!
elProducente reviews cameras on his blog. His reviews are in- depth.

elProducente reviews cameras on his blog. His reviews are in- depth.
Im not that big of a fan of his reviews, I've already bought a camera though.

In the end i decided to go for the Yi, could not find the git2 for a good price anywhere in eu and did not want to wait for delivery from china, ended up costing me half of what a git2 wouldve cost me.

Back