Action cam with microUSB port and usable usb settings

SaintWacko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for an action camera with some specific features. I've tried a Campark camera, which isn't great because when plugged in, you have to select the USB mode. I would like one that automatically goes into USB access mode when plugged into the computer. The other problem is that when it is unplugged from the computer, it turns itself off.

I've also tried the Activeon CX action cam, which is perfect... except that for whatever reason it still uses mini-USB rather than microUSB, which means I'm unable to use a magnetic cable with it (useful for my application). I'm hoping to find one that combines the best of both of those.

I need an action camera which uses microUSB, when plugged in goes directly to USB mode, and stays on when unplugged from the computer. I want to stay under $100, and have the capability to take true 12/16MP still images. It's hard to look up the USB-related stuff, so I hoped someone here could suggest a camera that fits this criteria. Thanks for any advice!

1. As I know, currently only our cameras have an option to go to USB mode directly.
2. But we also use mini USB like Activeon, the main reason is mini USB can support external charger, but micro USB doesn't
3. There are many cameras under $100 support take true 12MP or 16MP photos.

Reactions: Mtz
Back