Action Camera not working. Just flashing yellow

bruceb

Reaction score
Country
United States
After two years of satisfactory functioning as a motorcycle dashcam, suddenly my Action Camera won't record. Flashes yellow at startup. Nothing more. Tried to format the same PNY 64gig I have been using, but the format tool is greyed out. Using video1 mode with autoon. Have pushed different buttons to no avail. Have tried a 2gig card too with the same result. Have tried using three versions of the mSetup.exe with no difference. Same flashing yellow if I use a different power source

What gives? :> Thanks much.

Bruce

PS On 9/1/18, I posted this message on the https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/ website where I bought this camera. No answer. Have left multiple voicemails too, but no response. Have they gone out of business?

After two years of satisfactory functioning as a motorcycle dashcam, suddenly my Action Camera won't record. Flashes yellow at startup. Nothing more. Tried to format the same PNY 64gig I have been using, but the format tool is greyed out. Using video1 mode with autoon. Have pushed different buttons to no avail. Have tried a 2gig card too with the same result. Have tried using three versions of the mSetup.exe with no difference. Same flashing yellow if I use a different power source

What gives? :> Thanks much.

Bruce

PS On 9/1/18, I posted this message on the https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/ website where I bought this camera. No answer. Have left multiple voicemails too, but no response. Have they gone out of business?

Have you tried resetting the unit first? Try it first and set it up again with mSetup. Also battery going kaput is a good possibility.

Bungus,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Answers
Yes, I reset it a coupla times using a pin. Just did it again to be sure. Then I deleted the cfg file in the camera and entered the same settings anew, the same settings I was using before. No diff.

I use a capacitor and dedicated power source, rather than a battery.

Thanks. Where can I get help with this problem?

Log into Ebay and look for seller "eletop365"- he is the direct from the manufacturer official retailer for Mobius. @Isoprop who works with the developers for Mobius is a member here, he may also be able to help.

Not an expert here, but have you ran a full write-test on the PNY card with the h2testw freeware? And have you pre-formatted it to FAT32 before putting it in the cam? Above 32GB defaults to EXFAT. I'm thinking that may be why the format tool was grayed out, and the 2GB card may have been too small to work in this cam, but I tried a 4GB card in mine once and that did work. Perhaps the caps have gone bad and are drawing too much current, or your PS or cabling has gone bad. Usually this cam can be fixed if it is showing signs of life, but if not new ones are available and any major parts you need are sold by Banggood at reasonable prices.

Phil

This link will allow you to contact eletoponline365 easily.

$(KGrHqF,!h8E2I+UCyWsBNtoprGU+Q~~_7.JPG

User ID eletoponline365

https://www.ebay.com/usr/eletoponline365?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2754

Back