Action Camera that can be used as Dash and Security Cam

DirkDiggler

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I apologize if this isn't the right place for this type of post.

I've been kind of eyeing action cameras lately and really want something that can be extremely versatile.

I want something as primarily a dash camera but also something I can take on family vacations as well. I do not drive a lot so it would also be nice if it can be used as a ghetto security camera that can connect to a PC and stream to VLC or something.

Particularly I've been looking at the mobius and Joovuu X because they both have advertised a lot of flexibility and its looks like both can be used as either of the 3. It is especially helpful that you can switch in a battery or capacitor as needed on these cameras.

I only worry that the mobius is a bit old now and it seems like the price is a bit too high compared to competitors. The JooVuu X has had a rough start and now stuff seems to only partly work. I've also heard a lot about quality control issues such as blurry images and random shutdowns.

Are there any other options to look at for something like this?

I use my Mobius primarily as dash cam and action cam when needed. On travels I use Mobius and Android smart phone. Mobius may be old tech but pocketable with 2 hours battery life and have not fail me yet. Parts are so accessible and easy to replace if needed.

Back