Actioncam that can take photos in Webcam-Mode?

amoll

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello! :)

Does anybody know if there is an Actioncam that can take photos in Webcam-Mode?
The Webcam-Stream should always run (via USB in HD-resolution) in Windows and from time to time the camera should take photos(by pressing a button on the camera or remote- or software-controlled) in best quality while the stream is running.

I read that git2 and firefly 7s can do webcam mode via USB, but can they also shoot still pictures while doing so?

Thanks for any help!

Fast test with eken h9, it works as usb webcam but i can't make it work in hd mode and i don't know is there a way to do it.

Thank you Sabe for the info!
Did a fast research on "eken h9" and it works as webcam without sdcard as you wrote...
In the youtube-comments someone stated that he can have max. resolution up to 1600x1200 30fps...others stuck with 420p at 30 fps.
Anyway, I don't see a way to take photos without sdcard at the same time...

Some SJ-Cams also have webcam-mode...but how is the quality and can they do still-photos in parallel?

Ok, but if I take photos with webcam-software, it will take a snapshot from the video, right?!
So the max image resolution will be the resolution from the webcam-video?
Hmmm...not the best option.
I was also thinking about taking the hdmi-video-out from the actioncam and let it run through a capture dongle into the usb-port of the pc. That would be a very good solution, but capture dongles are too expensive for my bugdet. For the price of the converter I can easily buy two china-cams...

Thank you for the link! The software looks interesting and I have to try it out when I have my own cam.

If you want to take photos to camera memorycard why you can't use wifi option?

With wifi-option can I catch video in HD for webcam application in windows(!) and take photos on the card at the same time?
Can you name me a model with this functionality? I would appreciate it!
My thought was, that with wifi I would have big timelaps(1 sec. or so...) and problems with higher resolutions...

Last edited:
Sorry not in windows but android app can do all that, not just eken but any with wifi option.
But as you say wifi is not as reliable as usb wire.
This is what i know about eken but i think you can do this with many other cameras too.

App is below and by pushing button on phone/tablet camera takes image/video to camera memory card just like you would push button on camera.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eken.icam.sportdv.app
There is also option to use remote control if that is ok to your need
Screenshot_20170313-213313.jpg

Back