Actioncam that'll work well as a Dashcam too?

Harsh

Reaction score
Country
India
After my little rant about the Git 1 vs the GC and watching more videos from action cams, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if you're looking for travelogue worthy footage, most dash cams do not fit the bill (probably none).

What I'm looking for is accurately rendered 1080p or higher resolution footage with lowest possible motion blur, 60 fps minimum. Intend on adding a proper high quality CPL using the appropriate step-down adapter.

Don't want something with underwhelming low light performance either, if ever needed to be used in low light it should work adequately.

If mounted in the car, I'm not worried about night footage as the GC has that covered.

What are my options under $150? Don't need the helmet, underwater and bike stuff as it'll be used handheld if used outside the car or indoors.

Is there any action cam better than the Git 2 in this price range?

Any better options up to $200 max?

I don't have git2 but firefly 7s has pretty good video and it's only $88.
Check my review for video samples.

Case closed. Thank you!

If you really want "lowest possible motion blur" then the Git1 may be better, the Git2 doesn't do so well in low light conditions, although it always does a reasonable job. The Git1 is max 30fps though.

In bright light the Git2 does an excellent job, especially on a motorcycle where the gyro stabiliser does an excellent job.

Any better options up to $200 max?
Git3?

Can't find it anywhere. Is it out?

Can't find it anywhere. Is it out?
No, not yet, but if your not in a real hurry then it may be worth considering.

I was seriously considering the Git 1 but 60fps is missing, the gyro in the Git 2 would be great for handheld recording.

With the GC sporting the same internals and night footage quality covered, I decided against the Git 1.

Back