Actioncam with cloud recording help

John Ho

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there any action cam with cloud recoding built in guys.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If there is you will need to have a good connection to the cloud and a good data plan, a camera typically generate 100 MB every minute depending on bitrate and resolution, but for sure if its to be usable not anything less.

And even in stamp sized little Denmark with pretty decent cell coverage that is not doable as soon as you venture away from the mast dense major cities, and most shameful you can find lots of places here where you cant even call for help using a cellphone.

If there is you will need to have a good connection to the cloud and a good data plan, a camera typically generate 100 MB every minute depending on bitrate and resolution, but for sure if its to be usable not anything less.

And even in stamp sized little Denmark with pretty decent cell coverage that is not doable as soon as you venture away from the mast dense major cities, and most shameful you can find lots of places here where you cant even call for help using a cellphone.
so which one is popular right now?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I dont think there is a Action camera that use the cloud directly, some even cheaper ones do allow for you to steam to youtube and other services live, but that is normally on a low resolution like a old TV signal.
If you was to steam a nice crisp 1080p signal you will have to be on a good steady 3G connection at least.

I think the way the gopro and what not cameras do this is to piggyback on the signal on your phone, so the camera transmit wifi to phone and phone relay that on to youtube or wherever.

But i think most cameras can do this today not only the expensive gopro / garmin and so on cameras, the cheap but still worthwhile cameras ( prize /performance ) should also be able to do this i think.

But i am not strong on the action cameras, i have only recently started to keep up with those, and i will soon be getting SJcameras for review / testing, this is the new SJ6 model, and the coming SJ7 star thats a full fledged 4K camera.

Most of the brands here in the action camera sub category might be able to do live steaming, but just be carefull with the 4K some might claim that can be just interpolated 4K and not true full fledged 4K
But those cameras might still fulfill your needs in regard to live steaming and recording at lesser resolutions like 1080p and 2K resolutions.

This guy review the SJ6 but i cant remember if he mention live steaming too, but you can have a look at the video review and some of the footage from this nice little camera ( not true 4K )
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sjcam-sj6-legend-review-continuation-of-improvements.25911/

Transmission of live signal might be a part of the APP for the cameras, so you might be able to find information on this on the app store for any given camera you like the footage from.

Last edited:
Back