Acura RL / Honda Legend Mini 0801 Installation

carkcibasi

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Dash Cam
Mini 0801
Hi every body.
This is my first message and wanted to share my installation pictures.
(My car is 2008 Honda Legend which is known as Acura RL in U.S.)

Here we go:

UwWuByc.jpg

I could easily drive the power cable by pushing inside the roof lining. It did not take any photo. At the corner pillar, I removed the lining's edge via trimmer and slide the cable inside.

WebCxFD.jpg

UP1cDI5.jpg

Driving the cable from steering column and driver console side cover was also very easy, I did not take any photo.

Then, I removed the shifter panel on the center console. This cover can be removed easily by hand only.

uD4oWza.jpg

Why to remove this console? The cam comes with a carlighter charger but I don't want any cables around. So, I wanted to connect the adapter directly to a power source. Also I did not want to solder any cable to camera's original carlighter charger and I bought a female carlighter socket.

zPqbCLb.jpg

dHOJL6I.jpg

Due to the cam has a 2 Amper adapter, I wanted to get energy from cigar lighter. Now, it's also safe via lighter's fuse. As usual, BLACK is NEGATIVE and GRAY is POSITIVE pole.

uZttoou.jpg

I soldered the female socket's cables to car's original lighter's cable then insulated.

4Twuz9m.jpg

yKcox9h.jpg

I connected cam's adapter to custom female socket and covered by fabric tape to prevent possible looseness and rattling, noises etc.

H3EEeRv.jpg

I put the sockets inside the console and put cover. Now, the system is powered like adaptor is inserted to lighter. Fused!

Kind regards from Turkey;)

Nice, neat install, thanks!

Great install! I want to do a similar install but I need to find a good switched power. My aux power and cigarette lighter power are not switched.

Good job thanks for sharing!

Back