ADAS. Is it possible to add ADAS into Thinkware F200

avadoz

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hello Dashcam people,
I have Thinkware F200.
Is it possible to add ADAS into Thinkware F200. Thanks in advance.

Ops. I’m not familiar with ADAS. I thought I can benefit by having some road alerts features. Are they nonces? Working very bad?

it doesn't work well in aftermarket products, there are too many variables to get consistently reliable performance

I thought to get thinkware F800. ADAS futures. Is it good buy? I mean ADAs futures? Or continue to use F200?

You should never buy a dashcam based on smart features, you should buy it on image quality and reliability and service / support.
Thinkware are a smart camera company so their cameras have never been the best performers in image quality.

IF my next car have ADAS from the factory i will see what i can do to disable it, to be honest i wouldn't even have ABS and so on if i had a choice, i am firmly anti smart in 1:1 cars,,,,,,,,, so fortunate i will not last too long the way things are heading.

Last edited:
The biggest problem with things designed to assist you in doing a job, or to do that job for you, is that when they fail you will be unprepared to handle it and so inexperienced in having to deal with the problem yourself unassisted that you are almost certainly bound to fail :( I do like ABS, but you must still drive as if your car doesn't have it or you will end up in trouble sooner or later. The rest of today's driving gadgets are actually working against you as you become reliant on them to the point of your failing whenever they do.

Do you really think there's any good in trusting what is a barely functional consumer grade device which is built to the lowesrt price point to keep you safe on the roads when even the most expensive and well-engineered systems can't always do that? I trust my dashcam to record video and audio and nothing more, because that is all it does with a reasonable level of reliability. I can handle the rest better than it can :cool:

Phil

You should never buy a dashcam based on smart features, you should buy it on image quality and reliability and service / support.
Thinkware are a smart camera company so their cameras have never been the best performers in image quality.

IF my next car have ADAS from the factory i will see what i can do to disable it, to be honest i wouldn't even have ABS and so on if i had a choice, i am firmly anti smart in 1:1 cars,,,,,,,,, so fortunate i will not last too long the way things are heading.
Thanks. so what could best compact 2 ch cam?

The biggest problem with things designed to assist you in doing a job, or to do that job for you, is that when they fail you will be unprepared to handle it and so inexperienced in having to deal with the problem yourself unassisted that you are almost certainly bound to fail :( I do like ABS, but you must still drive as if your car doesn't have it or you will end up in trouble sooner or later. The rest of today's driving gadgets are actually working against you as you become reliant on them to the point of your failing whenever they do.

Do you really think there's any good in trusting what is a barely functional consumer grade device which is built to the lowesrt price point to keep you safe on the roads when even the most expensive and well-engineered systems can't always do that? I trust my dashcam to record video and audio and nothing more, because that is all it does with a reasonable level of reliability. I can handle the rest better than it can :cool:

Phil
Thanks.

Back