Add-a-circuit type?

Loyalbased

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V3
Hi all. Tomorrow I'll be attempting to hardwire my Viofo A119 V3 with the ground, and 2 separate cables for ignition and always on.

How do I know which add-a-circuit type I should get? Does it depend on which fuse I tap into? I know there's a few different types (ATO, mini, etc).

The same goes for what type of fuse I put in the add-a-circuit correct? All depends on which fuse spot I choose?

Thanks in advance!

Usually all the fuses in the fuse box are all the same size (though I think some do have different types in the same fuse box). Pull a fuse and compare it to pictures you find online to find out which type you need.

Usually all the fuses in the fuse box are all the same size (though I think some do have different types in the same fuse box). Pull a fuse and compare it to pictures you find online to find out which type you need.

My manual says my fusebox uses ATO/Mini, but doesn't specify which fuses are which. I actually haven't gotten around the install yet, but I'll buy 2 of each so I can use either, and return the other 2 that I don't use.

Ok so trying to install my new Viofo the right way I bought 2 of the Littlefuse mini fuse taps only to find out they will not work in a 2017 Ford Expedition. The blades are not long enough to reach.
So....any suggestions that is better than just twisting wires that could lead to a fire?

Thanks,
Dennis

Attachments

• 11499058_lit_fhlm0200zpa_pri_larg.jpg
    11499058_lit_fhlm0200zpa_pri_larg.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 2
I figured out my Expedition uses the low profile mini fuses and their add a circuit blades will not reach. I am supposed to be getting a email from Littlefuse about this.

Attachments

• 51yoYjNQrWL._SL1000_.jpg
    51yoYjNQrWL._SL1000_.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I figured out my Expedition uses the low profile fuses and their add a circuit blades will not reach. I am supposed to be getting a email from Littlefuse about this.
I ran into the same problem with my brothers Ford Taurus. Need an extender like the one below, but for the low profile fuse. I haven't found one yet, but assume they make one (I hope anyway).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07CTRNYR1

Ok I got it figured out. I had to buy the Mini fuse add-a-circuit (FHLM0200Z ) not the LP Mini fuse add-a-circuit.

Well I figured since my fuse box has low profile mini fuses that I need the LP mini adapter. NOT!

Ok I got it figured out. I had to buy the Mini fuse add-a-circuit (FHLM0200Z ) not the LP Mini fuse add-a-circuit.

Well I figured since my fuse box has low profile mini fuses that I need the LP mini adapter. NOT!

Why is this? Why not the LP?

Back