Add dashcam to Rav4

dmaj1112

Reaction score
Country
United States
we have a mirror mount dash cam with WiFi and also AV out by way of a video RCA plug. Is there a way to connect into the 2017 RAV4 Limited with backup camera and navigation ?

Not really.

What i mean are normally a reversing camera come alive when you engage reverse, this the headunit sense and then switch to the AV channel of the camera.
The AV out of the dashcam are always on so you would have to switch away from the AV channel if you put it on same channel as reversing camera with a splitter of some sort.
If there are more AV in on the Toyota headunit then it might work.
But why look at a little low resolution screen when you can look out the window and get the lords full blown HDR 8K package ?

i am simply looking for a way to set this up in case i do not have my phone with me when reviewing the recordings.
thank you for your response

this kind of question is better asked on a Car forum, rather than here

Car Forum sent me here :)
That's me out of ideas then :D

I figured the car forums would have more knowledge about what can be done with the car's media system

Those bastards :p
If your Headunit have more AV inputs i figure it will be no problem, splicing into the already there reversing camera will probably throw things off.
You could also just get a cheap little LCD screen off fleabay and use that, a 7" LCD you almost get thrown at you some places.

I do think my old win CE Chinese 2 DIN headunt have more than 1 AV input, but maybe your Yota headunit are build to specs with no extras.

Toyota use a proprietary connection for their reverse cameras, even integrating aftermarket reverse cameras to their head units is a problem (they have a 6V feed for the camera), short answer is no

Back