Add portable wifi to car for cloud? Why?

CMK66

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Help! This non-techie lady driver is stuck!
I've just had my DR650 1Ch installed and wired to the car. I've captured a day's worth of driving in the wifi and transferred all into the internal memory. I have also downloaded the blackvue firmware into my iPhone 6+. I am on a 8Gb dataplan.

Problem?
I can't seem to save anything to the cloud. I was told to get a portable hotspot for my car.
Do they mean install a dongle? Do I need a mifi to be able to move files to my cloud account only while the car is idling?

Can I move files to cloud any other way?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
There's a limit to how much you can put on the cloud/how much you can stream.
So far it sounds like you've only used the direct wifi and not the cloud functions.
Have you signed up for a cloud account through the Blackvue C app?
Also if you need to update to a cloud compatible firmware I would highly recommend doing it through your computer (Blackvue's website download) rather than doing it through the iOS/Blackvue app as it does have a tendency to cause issues.
That being said the Cloud is meant to backup a small number of event files, not a large scale daily file dump.
Even if you could do this the data consumption would be quite high, with the 1CH 1 hour of video is about 3 GB so you'll chew up your 8GB plan quickly if you want to move a bunch of files to the cloud through a data plan

I think I heard that there is a limit on the size of that cloud Pittasoft has offered to share for free as well... Which is the reason they are pushing the cloud feature.. to charge rental for the use of your dash cam

There's a limit to how much you can put on the cloud/how much you can stream.
So far it sounds like you've only used the direct wifi and not the cloud functions.
Have you signed up for a cloud account through the Blackvue C app?
Also if you need to update to a cloud compatible firmware I would highly recommend doing it through your computer (Blackvue's website download) rather than doing it through the iOS/Blackvue app as it does have a tendency to cause issues.
That being said the Cloud is meant to backup a small number of event files, not a large scale daily file dump.
Even if you could do this the data consumption would be quite high, with the 1CH 1 hour of video is about 3 GB so you'll chew up your 8GB plan quickly if you want to move a bunch of files to the cloud through a data plan

Thank you for the clarification. Took your advice and updated through the computer (website download version). The iOS version was the problem. Thanks again.

Back