Adhesive vs Blendmount dashcam vibration

Reaction score
Country
United States
Which solution would have lower vibration (and hence better video quality) - Adhesive or Blendmount?
The dashcam is BlackVue DR900X-2CH if that's relevant.

Have you done a comparison of adhesive tape vs Blendmount video quality though?

No, not next to each other in the same vehicle at the same time.

My opinion is based on experience with my install vs. the complaints of others using adhesive mounting.

I've never seen a side by side mounting method comparison like that.

No, not next to each other in the same vehicle at the same time.

My opinion is based on experience with my install vs. the complaints of others using adhesive mounting.

I've never seen a side by side mounting method comparison like that.
I ended up completing this experiment myself (set Youtube quality to 4K):

Which do you think is clearer?

Setup:

20211201_141404.jpg

Reactions: EGS
I ended up completing this experiment myself (set Youtube quality to 4K):

Which do you think is clearer?

Setup:

View attachment 59155

I think the second one has way more vibration in my opinion. I think Adhesive wins. It's stuck tight to the glass and so vibrations are minimized.

Kudos for taking that on! That's a nice, super clean install.

Honestly, the vids look the same to me. Need a worse road to make judgement!

IMO, the adhesive mount is most likely just as good as the Blendmount until the adhesive starts softening up in the summer heat. Or the windshield vibrates from cranked-up music.

If you find the BM vibrates more than the adhesive mount, I suggest checking your mount location and make sure that the fasteners are secure. You can't move mine with a hammer.

Kudos for taking that on! That's a nice, super clean install.

Honestly, the vids look the same to me. Need a worse road to make judgement!

IMO, the adhesive mount is most likely just as good as the Blendmount until the adhesive starts softening up in the summer heat. Or the windshield vibrates from cranked-up music.

If you find the BM vibrates more than the adhesive mount, I suggest checking your mount location and make sure that the fasteners are secure. You can't move mine with a hammer.

I always prep the surface by using an alcohol pad, then holding the camera firmly in place by applying pressure for about a minute. I have never once had any camera lose adhesiveness to the windshield.

Last edited:
I always prep the surface by using an alcohol pad, then holding the camera firmly in place by applying pressure for about a minute. I have never once had any camera loose adhesiveness to the windshield.

Me too. I acknowledge that YMMV. I live in southern Arizona. Stuff stuck to windshields falls off around here all the time because of the blast furnace heat, no matter how good the prep. That was my primary motivator for getting the BM.

Me too. I acknowledge that YMMV. I live in southern Arizona. Stuff stuck to windshields falls off around here all the time because of the blast furnace heat, no matter how good the prep. That was my primary motivator for getting the BM.

Agreed. I imagine adhesive baking in an enclosed car from desert intensive heat could result in failure. So an alternate mount may be more appropriate in your case.

The Blendmount seems to do pretty good. It may be my eyes or the angle the camera is mounted on the blend mount, but I did notice a bit more vibration when passing the Asian Food Truck versus the one adhered to the windshield. But nothing drastically different.

Which solution would have lower vibration (and hence better video quality) - Adhesive or Blendmount?
The dashcam is BlackVue DR900X-2CH if that's relevant.
Based on your video comparison, and my own experience, I find that adhesive mount gives the best result for the least amount of vibration.

Your Blendmount still does a pretty decent job though but Ive found out that the longer the mount arm the worse it gets. I've eliminated those suction cups all together long time ago for a few reasons.
1, unwanted vibrations
2, bulkier setup
3, more noticeable or less stealthy
4, falling off the glass on hot weather regardless of how much I cleaned both surfaces.
5, you end up seeing more dashboard as well as more unwanted light reflection from dash.

All of that outweigh the benefits for my needs but others may find it different and that's ok.

Based on your video comparison, and my own experience, I find that adhesive mount gives the best result for the least amount of vibration.

Your Blendmount still does a pretty decent job though but Ive found out that the longer the mount arm the worse it gets. I've eliminated those suction cups all together long time ago for a few reasons.
1, unwanted vibrations
2, bulkier setup
3, more noticeable or less stealthy
4, falling off the glass on hot weather regardless of how much I cleaned both surfaces.
5, you end up seeing more dashboard as well as more unwanted light reflection from dash.

All of that outweigh the benefits for my needs but others may find it different and that's ok.

I can't speak for the reputation of this site, but it appears most states outlaw dash cameras mounted on the windshield. Is this enforced? I don't know. But I guess for anyone not wanting to run afoul or face a possible ticket, a Blendmount or alternative setup may be the next best things.

Is this enforced?
I really don't think it is unless you're breaking a dozen other laws and the cops are trying to charge you with everything they can find. If you have it mounted between the rearview mirror and the windshield I find it hard to believe the judge would uphold any ticket since the rearview mirror is already obstructing that portion of the windshield. In a lot of places, cops barely respond to petty property crimes. I can't imagine them caring about what is mounted on your windshield.

I can't speak for the reputation of this site, but it appears most states outlaw dash cameras mounted on the windshield. Is this enforced? I don't know. But I guess for anyone not wanting to run afoul or face a possible ticket, a Blendmount or alternative setup may be the next best things.

None of these are enforced on their own.

Most are idiotic as well.

Not worrying about notifying anyone getting in my car that they're being recorded either.

As dashcams gain popularity everyday here in the states, I haven't heard any complaints in here or anywhere else of anyone getting a ticket for having a dashcam mounted on the windshield. I am not concerned of getting a ticket as long as I know I keep my line of sight unobstructed and one must use common sense when installing these things.

Also I don't see how a Blendmount would prevent anyone from getting a ticket. If the policeman happens to be an a$$hole he will give you one regardless of the way it is attached.

As dashcams gain popularity everyday here in the states, I haven't heard any complaints in here or anywhere else of anyone getting a ticket for having a dashcam mounted on the windshield. I am not concerned of getting a ticket as long as I know I keep my line of sight unobstructed and one must use common sense when installing these things.

Also I don't see how a Blendmount would prevent anyone from getting a ticket. If the policeman happens to be an a$$hole he will give you one regardless of the way it is attached.

The Blendmount appears to hang from the Rearview Mirror versus attach to the windshield.

I agree, Police probably have much better things to do with their time. But I guess if an officer truly and utterly wanted to be a dickhead, it remains a law he/she could enforce. Chances of it happening? Slim I imagine. But just making mention that is why some people might opt for a Blendmount type setup over adhesive to windshield.

Is there a way to adjust the Blendmount such that the camera is hidden behind the rearview mirror (like the adhesive option below) on a 2021 Porsche 911?
I tried to adjust the angle but it could not reach all the way behind the rearview mirror.

20211201_141404.jpg

My SG9665GC V2 is mounted with Scotch Double Sided Mounting Tape, capable of holding 30lbs.

Scotch Extreme Mounting Tape 2.5cm x 1.5m.jpg
My car has been exposed to 40C (104F) with all windows wound up fully, the mount has never shown any sign of moving, let alone losing it's grip.
The double sided tape is no harder to remove, than the standard 3M mounting tape supplied with the dash cam by SG.
I have moved my dash cam 3 times, and there has been no damage to the Frit (black dots) in either of the 3 vehicles.

Back