Adjusting VIOFO A119S V2 on first use

Bannko

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Hi All,

read a lot of threads here but still struggling with the optimal angle for the cam and a lot of reflection.

So firstly just to imagine the position on the windshield, i could not position it ideally due to this big stupid sensors housing in the middle.
DSC_0987.JPG

And here is the demonstration. I am not sure if this is totally common as i never owned a dash cam before. But that strong reflection and glare bothers me a lot:
Settings are: almost all default, just WDR: ON, CPL attached and 1080p60fsp, or maybe this additional CPL filter is causing the strong glare?
Should i position the cam angle a little bit higher to capture more world then dash?

Thank you guys for any recommendations.

Last edited:
Looks good to me. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about the reflection off of that A pillar since it is a bright color. Maybe it's the time of day and the position of the sun. But, your angle seems to be good. The rule of thumb is 60% street view and 40% sky. The CPL filter isn't making the reflection worse, it's actually supposed to help with the glare and direct sunlight glare. I say keep recording and check the videos at different times of the day. Very nice install too by the way. (y)

I would suggest you make sure the CPL is properley aligned in its bracket.

I would try adjusting the camera up one notch. iI think it is showing too much of the dash. I would also try using 1080 @30 fps and see how that goes.

Hi All,

read a lot of threads here but still struggling with the optimal angle for the cam and a lot of reflection.

So firstly just to imagine the position on the windshield, i could not position it ideally due to this big stupid sensors housing in the middle.
View attachment 38505

And here is the demonstration. I am not sure if this is totally common as i never owned a dash cam before. But that strong reflection and glare bothers me a lot:
Settings are: almost all default, just WDR: ON, CPL attached and 1080p60fsp, or maybe this additional CPL filter is causing the strong glare?
Should i position the cam angle a little bit higher to capture more world then dash?

Thank you guys for any recommendations.
Hi, Any issues to now?
I am going to buy A119S without Gps module.

Back