Adorama has the WR1 for $69+FS but is on backorder.

Took a look on your webpage, product A119 and could only find a standard warranty under quick links.
I could have miss it out or you might need to update the info under Viofo product.

Capture Your Action has always backed the Viofo dash cameras with a one year warranty as well.

Took a look on your webpage, product A119 and could only find a standard warranty under quick links.
I could have miss it out or you might need to update the info under Viofo product.

Thanks for the heads up - all VIOFO products listed on the Adorama website should have had this info updated yesterday. I will chase up the web team to get on to it.

Special thanks to Whatatay and HelenOster for the very entertaining discussion they had, which was most enjoyable ... well, for us observers anyway. Cheers :D

Better ask VIOFO......

Wow. So they won't give you an estimate? This is one strained business relationship you two have going on lol. From a consumer stand point, this public disagreement is rather off putting. If I didn't already own a viofo cam I'd probably stay away from both companies.

Wow. So they won't give you an estimate? This is one strained business relationship you two have going on lol. From a consumer stand point, this public disagreement is rather off putting. If I didn't already own a viofo cam I'd probably stay away from both companies.
It is really sad to hear that,actually,Viofo is this one innocent victim which was involved in this matter.

The only "innocent" here is the cam itself- cuter than a kitten with the soul of a tiger inside :D

Phil

It is really sad to hear that,actually,Viofo is this one innocent victim which was involved in this matter.

How is Viofo so innocent? FoxOffer, (Viofo) listed the camera for $80.00 USD on their retail web site and then suddenly raised the price to $99.99 USD. Why excoriate Adorama for initially listing it at $69.00 and raising it to $99.99 at the very same time FoxOffer did? Why is it OK for Viofo to do this and not Adorama? It is hard not to get the impression that there was some question or indecision surrounding the initial pricing of the WR1 before it ended up at $99.99 USD. Why doesn't Viofo address the question of why it too originally listed the WR1 at such a low price?

Also, why would Viofo quickly work out an arrangement enabling Adorama to offer warranty replacements and then at the same time, publicly here in this thread, threaten to not ship them the WR1 ? That makes no sense, seems a bit unprofessional and doesn't sound quite so innocent to me.

Adorama has been selling the entire line of Viofo dash cameras since long before the WR1 was announced. It would be reasonable for them to expect to receive stock of the WR1 as a vendor of the rest of the Viofo line, especially considering the kind of volume they generally do. They currently list 13 Viofo products of which three are on back-order, the WR1, the A118C and the G1W-C. The other ten products are listed as in stock, ready to ship.

Last edited:

No the only innocent victim is all the people who ordered the camera for $69 that have no idea what is going on. How many deals on dash cams are they going to pass up waiting on a WR1 that may never arrive? How about those who cancel the order maybe to find out the next day Adorama received them?

What I don't get and the thing that makes Viofo not innocent is their silence here. Why can't they say whether Adorama is getting them or not, or even just tell us if they are in talks?

If you read this full thread, nobody will leave feeling 'innocent'.

What I don't get and the thing that makes Viofo not innocent is their silence here. Why can't they say whether Adorama is getting them or not, or even just tell us if they are in talks?

When the A119 series were introduced, Viofo was all over DCT about them until reports of problems began coming in- then all of a sudden Viofo became conspicuously absent :eek: Rick and Jon handled the fiasco on DCT, diagnosing the issues and discovering the solutions for the good people who had bought that cam. Once that 'brushfire' went out Viofo reappeared :rolleyes: That is until the need for a V2 version became apparent, and the vanishing act happened again :( I'm seeing something similar here.

In Viofo's favor is that he does work on the problems and addresses them well enough- far better than many other manufacturers do :) And it seems he's got a couple of good advisors helping him in the background (y) So I expect that once the solutions for some of the issues are found we will see Viofo here- at least temporarily :p I know that if I were being affected I would want to see a more rapid and direct response such as Rick and Jon give, but I wouldn't want that to take away the time needed to get the issues fixed ASAP. That is the more important of these two things.

Everyone is watching the Adorama-Viofo saga unfold and in time whatever is going on with that will become known. If it is dealt with well, both will benefit, but if not Viofo will have lost a lot of his reputation and that is something which will take a long time to recover from. Ditto for Adorama; they need to make good on their promises of pricing to those who ordered early and make sure those folks get their cams.

As I've said, only the cam itself is innocent, for even I have joined in the dance a few times so I am not totally innocent either :oops: Rather than point fingers I think it's better for all of us to just let this drama play itself out while we watch, for we can't really do anything else to cause the ending to change :cool:

Phil

As I've said previously, I've been an Adorama customer for 35 years. We don't know the reasons that FoxOffer originally priced the WR1 at $80.00 and Adorama priced it at $69.00 but I can tell you with absolute certainty that if you ordered a WR1 from Adorama at the 69 dollar price, you will get one from them, assuming they can get it into stock as anticipated.

Many people here on DCT, especially me have been very vocal in the past about Banggood who has a history of claiming an item is in stock, charging your credit card or PayPal immediately upon placing the order and then informing you sometime after that the item is in fact not in stock after all and may not be for weeks or months.

Adorama on the other hand, accurately states whether an item is back-ordered or in stock and clarifies right up front that they will not charge you for the item until it ships. I don't see what they've done wrong here.

Last edited:
Also, why would Viofo quickly work out an arrangement enabling Adorama to offer warranty replacements and then at the same time, publicly here in this thread, threaten to not ship them the WR1 ? That makes no sense, seems a bit unprofessional and doesn't sound quite so innocent to me.
We do not threaten to not ship to them. Maybe I didn't write clearly.
I mean we didn't ship any to them before they list this model, so I am not sure if they really have in stock. And we didn't know they have listed until some one show this post to me.
As limited quantity for first batch, we didn't introduce this model to each distributor.
We need do better communication with our partners. Also we highly recommend the distributor contact us first instead of buying from other channels.

When the A119 series were introduced, Viofo was all over DCT about them until reports of problems began coming in- then all of a sudden Viofo became conspicuously absent :eek: Rick and Jon handled the fiasco on DCT, diagnosing the issues and discovering the solutions for the good people who had bought that cam. Once that 'brushfire' went out Viofo reappeared :rolleyes: That is until the need for a V2 version became apparent, and the vanishing act happened again :( I'm seeing something similar here.

I wish I can reply more, but too busy for working on 2 new action cams project.
For urgent support and feedback, can send PM to me, I check PM often.

Thanks to Rick and Jon, do really help and support for VIOFO products.

We do not threaten to not ship to them. Maybe I didn't write clearly.
I mean we didn't ship any to them before they list this model, so I am not sure if they really have in stock. And we didn't know they have listed until some one show this post to me.
As limited quantity for first batch, we didn't introduce this model to each distributor.
We need do better communication with our partners. Also we highly recommend the distributor contact us first instead of buying from other channels.

Thank you for clarifying. As for having any WR1 cameras in stock, Adorama has said all along that the item is on back order so they obviously haven't been buying from other channels as you imply.

You haven't addressed the question of why the WR1 was initially priced at $80.00 on FoxOffer which seems like a reasonable question since Adorama has taken a lot of flak for pricing it lower at the same time.

Last edited:
Back