Adorama has the WR1 for $69+FS but is on backorder.

Thank you for clarifying. As for having any WR1 cameras in stock, Adorama has said all along that the item is on back order so they obviously haven't been buying from other channels as you imply.

You haven't addressed the question of why the WR1 was initially priced at $80.00 on FoxOffer which seems like a reasonable question since Adorama has taken a lot of flak for pricing it lower at the same time.
We didn't expect Adoroma will list this, also not know their price.
FoxOffer raised price is for other reason I can not share here.

We didn't expect Adoroma will list this, also not know their price.

I have raised the question of why FoxOffer initially listed the WR1 on its web site at the $80.00 price level SIX times now in this thread and have repeatedly asked VIOFO for a statement about this pricing.
Your answer here is entirely evasive. I didn't ask why you raised the price. Clearly you do not want to provide an answer.

Adorama has repeatedly been taken to task here in this thread for initially offering the WR1 at a steep discount before bringing the price up to $99.99, yet FoxOffer did the exact same thing. Why is that?

I didn't ask why you raised the price. Clearly you do not want to provide an answer.

I don't think you will get more answer than you got there.
Be happy or not happy, time to move on.

I don't think you will get more answer than you got there.
Be happy or not happy, time to move on.

I believe you are correct that no answers will be forthcoming. Yet without an answer there is an elephant in the room question about the 80 dollar pricing from FoxOffer considering the allegations that have been lodged against Adorama for similar pricing during the same time period.

Per the first response from VIOFO in this thread, there are only limited quantities available to distribute to retailers in the first batch. However, we expect to have received our full allocation by the end of August.

All pre-orders placed at $69 will be honored.

Last edited:
Per the first response from VIOFO in this thread, there are only limited quantities available to distribute to retailers in the first batch. However, we expect to have received our full allocation by the end of August.

Thank you for letting everyone know.

I don't think people mind the 6 or 7 week back order, and may even benefit from an improved version in the next batch. They just didn't like the big unknown and silence.

I recall how some years back Nikon announced a highly anticipated (and rather expensive) new DSLR lens that had received spectacular pre-release reviews. Demand exploded, but for many months nobody could get one because Nikon had trouble ramping up production to meet the demand for this newly introduced product. Adorama had the lens on offer for less than most competitors but it was on back-order just like the WR1. I went ahead and ordered it knowing it might take awhile. About a month or more went by when I finally received an email from Adorama informing me they basically had no idea when they might get the lens in stock and offered me an opportunity to cancel. In the meantime, my credit card had not been charged. I decided to hang in there and it was only about a week after that the lens showed up via UPS, so I was glad I didn't cancel.

This WR1 story is very much the same and is nothing more than a typical supply chain issue which has been blown out of all proportion.

I can. They came out with a price that was cost plus a reasonable profit. Then they thought there was more interest in it so they jacked the price up 25% to rip off the customer. That's why Adorama can sell it at $69 and not at a loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Business practices has changed a lot since I worked in New York.

There way it work at that time, was we put order out in bid. (Doesn't work in this case)
When the order was place there was a quantity of unit, price, deliver date and maybe other service.
We only use email, fax or snail mail, never public forum or news paper to publish, what we did.
I assume Adorama has an order number, quantity of unit, price, deliver date and email address to Viofo.
I see you have done business with them before, so you must have some contact with them.

Would it not be more professional to keep the dialog with them out of forum.

You chose to put WR1 on sale as back order to get some costumer in you store. (Nothing wrong with that, costumer know it upfront).
I guess there was a deliver date on the order, so you could have put it in the listing.
If there is no deliver date, there is nobody to blame.

If the deliver date has been crossed, you can inform us, there is some delays, and you are in touch with Viofo, to get it delivered as fast as possible.

The short is: I don't like retailer and factory have a negative dialog in the forum. There can only be loser in this game and the rest of us only get a half story and lot of interpretation.

PS: I like to keep my image of Adorama as a nice place to shop.;)

Last edited:
@Viking, I agree with you completely.

In an ideal consumer world: customers would contact us directly, suppliers would not make hard-to-fathom statements in a public forum, competing retailers would not make less than complimentary comments about each other - and I would not be 'thrown to the lions' for doing my best to help.

C'est la vie!

BTW we'd very much like to keep you as a Happy Customer, too. (If you get a chance, please drop me an email: Helen@adorama.com)

Shipping confirmation email an hour ago

Is this from Adorama? If so they said they wouldn't receive any until the end of August. So sounds like they bought them from someone else so they won't have any of the fixes for the issues in the first batch.

Is this from Adorama? If so they said they wouldn't receive any until the end of August. So sounds like they bought them from someone else so they won't have any of the fixes for the issues in the first batch.

You are merely speculating. Why not get some facts rather than reaching conclusions and making allegations because you think it "sounds like" one thing or another. They could simply have received their shipment earlier than anticipated just like the Nikon DSLR lens on back-order I mentioned above. This happens all the time in the international supply chain.

And who says they suddenly won't stand behind the warranty? And what "fixes for the issues in the first batch" are you referring to? If you are talking about dim LEDs or minor audio issues don't hold your breath waiting for any other vendor to start replacing perfectly good cameras that only need firmware or app updates. So far, I've not heard of any significant hardware flaws with this "first batch" that would warrant any retailer to replace the cameras.

Last edited:

Shipped from adorama delivery tomorrow for $70

Also received the email/text yesterday.

Too bad I'm on the opposite coast, so I have to wait until next week.

Sucks. No email yet. I must have been late to the party - kinda need it to take with me on vacation to Thailand on Aug 19; I hear the drivers there are worse than mother Russia ;)

- kinda need it to take with me on vacation to Thailand on Aug 19; I hear the drivers there are worse than mother Russia ;)

Apparently so based on what I've seen online :rolleyes: As this is a critical need I'd suggest setting up a "Plan B" if your WR-1 doesn't look like it will arrive in time. There are a few reliable US cam sellers who can arrange express shipment of something else for you if needed, OCD Tronic would be my first choice there with SpyTec the next. Check with them ahead of time to be positive that you can make this happen without glitches should you need it. Alternately you may have a 'brick-and-mortar' retailer near you who carries dashcams although most of those will be junk so you need to check ahead of time. Don't forget the SD card either.

Hope you enjoy your trip and that your cam serves to capture other people's problems and not yours ;)

Phil

Also, @HelenOster from Adorama has repeatedly invited people to contact her for customer service issues. Perhaps she can clarify if @H-508's order is pending shipment or provide some other form of assistance?

I received the email confirmation today that it is being shipped out. So, it looks like Adorama already got a 2nd batch in to process.

I received the email confirmation today that it is being shipped out. So, it looks like Adorama already got a 2nd batch in to process.

And it's only August 8th, So, three weeks or less after this thread was posted, people have or are about to receive their WR1 cams at the advertised price.

Back