Advanced Driver Assistance System

mac25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just wondered if anyone has views on the ADAS software system on the Thinkware cameras. I have an X1000 and find that it is to quiet to be of much, if any real use!!

I see a lot of people turning it off as annoying.

I got annoyed after a short time using my Thinkware F800 Dashcam's ADAS features so I turned them off.
  • Lane departure on a dashcam doesn't make sense to me since it does not integrate with the turn signals, thus too many alerts makes it too annoying to use.
  • Vehicle departure warning is also too annoying for my taste since 99% of the time I see the vehicle in front of me moving and do not need an alert. For the other 1% I am satisfied with the old school vehicle departure warning - car horn behind me :).
  • The one thing I like on my Thinkware is the Road Safety feature for speed/redlight cameras. I think WAZE is better for speed/redlight cameras, but in the car that I have my Thinkware dashcam, the car doesn't have Android Auto built into the Audio System so I do not use WAZE. The dashcam fills the gap here well.
I think that Dashcam ADAS will become less relevant because most newer vehicles have a much better ADAS built in these days.

My car does not have Android Auto or the apple one, but X1000 says under the GPS sales blurb (*No safety camera alerts with the X1000.)
Fortunately my car has static safety camera alerts anyway, car also has lane keep assist but not any real use most of the time.
So it looks like I will just have to use it as a basic QHD dash cam and parking monitor.

Back