Advice for Rear Cam. Regular A129 Rear Cam or IR Rear Cam?

AlexTan

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129Pro Duo A129 IR Duo A119 A119S A118C & Dome GS98C
Hi, I need some advice. Currently I own a A129 Duo IR. I understand that IR rear cam is for interior shot and can be as a rear cam. My question is, since I don't have a A129 Duo to compare with. Does the A129 Duo rear cam capture better footage than IR rear cam? Since there is a Duo Rear cam only in sales, I'm considering to get it if this rear cam is better suit than the IR rear cam for rear footage.

I've tested both and didn't notice any significant difference.
I know the IR cabin unit is more sensitive to IR light but that's about it.
Here is the IR cam being used as a rear camera but it's not the best example.

I've tested both and didn't notice any significant difference.
I know the IR cabin unit is more sensitive to IR light but that's about it.
Here is the IR cam being used as a rear camera but it's not the best example.
Its on mono setting (black and white)? what about other setting?

Hi, I need some advice. Currently I own a A129 Duo IR. I understand that IR rear cam is for interior shot and can be as a rear cam. My question is, since I don't have a A129 Duo to compare with. Does the A129 Duo rear cam capture better footage than IR rear cam? Since there is a Duo Rear cam only in sales, I'm considering to get it if this rear cam is better suit than the IR rear cam for rear footage.
The IR camera is superior
- better focus
- 180 degree lens rotation for exterior or interior view
- wider angle field of view
- can be used as normal rear exterior camera when selecting color mode to disable IR LEDs

The IR camera is superior
- better focus
- 180 degree lens rotation for exterior or interior view
- wider angle field of view
- can be used as normal rear exterior camera when selecting color mode to disable IR LEDs
Awesome!.......Thanks.

When will the rear IR camera be available for sale seperately for those that want to update their non-IR camera. I understand that you can just flash the IR firmware onto the non-IR and make it the IR

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When will the rear IR camera be available for sale seperately for those that want to update their non-IR camera. I understand that you can just flash the IR firmware onto the non-IR and make it the IR

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This website has the answers you seek. It is updated regularly. https://www.viofo.com/
Ans to your question - short answer it is available.
https://www.viofo.com/home/141-a129-ir-interior-car-camera-with-4pcs-infrared-lights.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C A129 Duo IR 2
AlexTan A129 Duo IR 10
Back