Advice please - Which one should I go for?

joeysnowy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am really hoping you guys can help me make a decision here. I had a car hit me the other night, it then drove off just after I got out the car to check the driver was ok, nice! I looked at dash cams and I decided on the DDPai. But I am stuck on which model, I am stuck between the Mini2 and the M6 Plus (or M4 Plus) My requirements are specific:

I do not want GPS, I do not want any location/speed data etc being stored by the camera at all.

I want to be able to turn the camera around if possible (M6 advantage here obviously) so I can film whats happening next to the car or out of my driver's window etc if needed.

Ideally, IF possible, I would like to be able to grab the camera and jump out the car quickly to record something such as the damage or tyhe number plate of a car leaving the scene of an accident.

I had obviously decided on the M4/M6 plus as that seemed to fit the bill other than the GPS. I have two main questions:

1. I was told the GPS can be turned OFF on the M6 Plus, Is that correct?

2, Will the M6 keep recording if you pull it off the magnetic holder, maybe just for a minute or so?

Hope someone can help, or recommend another model if there is one which will suit me better. Thanks

Hi all, I am really hoping you guys can help me make a decision here. I had a car hit me the other night, it then drove off just after I got out the car to check the driver was ok, nice! I looked at dash cams and I decided on the DDPai. But I am stuck on which model, I am stuck between the Mini2 and the M6 Plus (or M4 Plus) My requirements are specific:

I do not want GPS, I do not want any location/speed data etc being stored by the camera at all.

I want to be able to turn the camera around if possible (M6 advantage here obviously) so I can film whats happening next to the car or out of my driver's window etc if needed.

Ideally, IF possible, I would like to be able to grab the camera and jump out the car quickly to record something such as the damage or tyhe number plate of a car leaving the scene of an accident.

I had obviously decided on the M4/M6 plus as that seemed to fit the bill other than the GPS. I have two main questions:

1. I was told the GPS can be turned OFF on the M6 Plus, Is that correct?

2, Will the M6 keep recording if you pull it off the magnetic holder, maybe just for a minute or so?

Hope someone can help, or recommend another model if there is one which will suit me better. Thanks

I have been using the M6 plus for about a year now in my company work van and just picked up the Mini 3 for one of my personal vehicles. A few things which your looking for can not be done with ether .....
With the M6 plus it will allow you to remove it from the windshield if you slide it off of the base plate. It will be limited to the length of it's USB power cord as far as how far it can be moved at that point. If you remove it from it's magnetic quick disconnect point it will no longer be recording and starts to shut down as it has lost it's power connection. It's built in battery is strictly to allow it to close down correctly when it see's power is disconnected / off.. The Mini 3 also shuts down as soon as it is removed from it's base with it's capacitor providing power long enough to also shut down.

The only work around would be with having the M6 Plus plugged into a small USB backup battery while that battery is plugged into the vehicle constantly recharging. You could then unplug the back up battery from the vehicle and slide the camera off of it's mounting plate taking them together out of the vehicle and continue recording. Cumbersome and it seems to me just recording with your cell phone would be better at that point. A cell phone would also record much better audio which could be of great benefit outside of the vehicle when talking to other parties involved.

Mini2 , 2P or 3 ( don't know about GPS data for the 3 ) & Cell phone is the answer .

My smartphone is 2015 yet records UHD 2160P .

Thanks both of you. Will have a crack at the Mini2 :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bagjason M6 plus ( M4 plus ) 3
Back