Advice regarding optimum 128 GB SD card for Mini 0906 dual lens

Aph

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
G/SGZC12SG & Mini 0906
Awaiting arrival in a few days of a new unit but unsure of which SD card to buy.

I've narrowed it down to a Samsung but can't find specific information on the forum appertaining to the dual lens unit.

Would the Samsung Evo Plus micro SDXC Class 10 (UHS-I Class U1) suffice or do I need a Pro?

I have the basic Evo in my 0806 and this works fine. I have 2 x 0906 units on order and will use Evo plus cards in them and the Evo+ is now cheap on Amazon.

Reactions: Aph
On high quality it records 2 20mbit streams, so 40mbit total - so Class 10 or U1 is twice what is required.

I've used a standard Samsung Evo (no plus) without problems.

I tried the 2016 Toshiba Exceria U3 card in 128 Gb ( cheapest 128Gb U3 card here ) and i also gave a Trancend 400X a spin with no problems ( also 128 Gb )

Dident samsung release some new cheaper U3 cards ?
Not that i think you will need U3 cards, a good U1 should be able to cope with the 2 cameras and what they offload.

Samsung EVO is TLC chip cell so if you can it is recommended to use PRO which was MLC chip cell. (I use WAS here because I heard Samsung PRO changed to TLC but the news is not confirmed)

here are some cards which use MLC from user's feedback but the list maybe not accuracy.
Sandisk Extreme Pro
Kingston RED / GOLD
Samsung Pro/Pro+/Pro Select (no EVO or EVO+ !)
Toshiba Exceria Pro
lexar 633X
Sony SR-**UX*
Transcend 633X

(I use WAS here because I heard Samsung PRO changed to TLC but the news is not confirmed)
For the 128GB Samsung Pro+, they are probably using 3D TLC memory which will last as long as the old MLC did.
I think it will still be good memory, and of course a 128GB card will last 2x as long as a 64GB card anyway.

I suspect the Evo+ is 3D TLC too, but with lower speeds than the Pro because it doesn't have the write caching or same level of parallelism.

Thanks to all for your advice.

I've opted for the Samsung 128 GB Evo Plus Class 10/U3 (many thanks speuk for the Amazon info)

Perhaps overkill for the 0906 but it will always be useful should I need it for other applications.

One big + with the U3 cards and why i am slowly moving to those are the speeds you get in the card reader if you are going to move a huge amount of files to or from the card ( matter little with most U3 cards )
Then again i have never had the need to move such a big number of files, but it is nice to know that if i get there one day i can do so at +80 MB/s

I do need to add some Samsung cards to my test suite of memory cards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sky1 mini0906 1
B mini0906 12
Back