Advice

Charlie3598

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was looking at buying a nextbase dash cam and a nextbase hardwiring kit but I was just looking for advice on which fuse I would tap the dash cam into?

I have attached a picture of my fuse box cover showing the fuses available

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 20
The model of the camera is 402G Professional

I'm not a fan of the 402G's build quality and I won't be hurrying to buy any more Nextbase or DOD products.

The 402G I had didn't last long (a few months), lost focus after it got hot on longer journeys or in summer, and there seems to be a known design flaw in the battery and its charging circuit. I've seen a handful of people who claim to have had theirs repaired or replaced more than once.

I suggest buy something else, preferably one which uses a capacitor rather than a battery. There are also a handful of cams which are much more discrete compared to the older 'brick on a stick' design.

Last edited:
I would tap into the ACC, assuming you just want the camera to turn on and off with the car.

What type of camera with GPS and visual screen compares to the features of the 402G and a maximum budget of the £150 mark?

I would hook into the radio non-live circuit. Radios keep track of memory which requires some current flow. However, another wire is on/off with ignition. If you lose your radio it is not a dangerous situation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Nextbase Other 2
Horrgakx Nextbase Other 1
Back