Advise on 2 different cam systems

deltalima4

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
none yet
Hi everyone, I need some advise on what systems would be best for 2 seperate situations:

Sit1: Cam on private motorcycle. This because in case of a crash I might no longer be able to tell what really happened.
- 1 cam towards front
- 1 cam towards rear
- automatic on when bike starts
- automatic saving images in case of crash
- under any and all surcumstances a (near) perfect image with readible license plates of all involved vehicles

Sit2: Cam for use during my work. I'm an ambulance driver and recently one of my collegues had to pay a lot of money because
after a crash the opponent claimed my collegue had no emergency signals engaged. A witness remembered the blue lights, but
didn't remember whether or not the siren was on.
And the other day I was cut off by someone who hadn't seen me at all. He made a run for it and as I was on my way to a
medical emergency I couldn't follow to read/ register his licence plate.
- easily to exchange between vehicles (we drive a different ambulance each shift)
- must record ****pit sound as well (to prove sirens are engaged as well as blue lights which will be visible by reflection on outside objects)
- perfect image quality, even during night or twilight driving (readible license plates)
- automatic saving images in case of crash
- manual, one button, saving of images in case of being cut off or seeing a crash happen in front of me (you'ld be surprised what some
people do when they hear an ambulance coming)
- if possible recording of speed/location/date/time of images

In my country dash cam images are only admissable to court if they are of high enough quality, and as because of my odd hours
most of my driving is during night time or during twilight a very high image at very low lighting is extremely important.

From doing some research I believe Ambarella A7L-A is best for me, but the hundreds of sites I visited claim Ambarella A5S30 (from 2009
if the manufacturers site is correct) is named as "the best of the best and newest perfect 2013 cam".
Seen so many different systems with prices ranging from 70 to 700 euro. Completely lost track by now. PLEASE HELP!!

Re: Advise on 2 cam systems

True A7LA (there are 8 different versions of this chipset) based models won't start arriving for another few months

jokiin said:
True A7LA (there are 8 different versions of this chipset) based models won't start arriving for another few months

It seems we might be in for a real treat once the next generation A7LA dashcams come out.

If these Ambarella A7LA beta testing videos are legit, Amazing quality:

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, for A7LA I would have to wait a few months. But then the question remains, what currently available systems would you advise?

Come on people... Is there nobody who can give me advise on what 2 currently available cam systems would best suit my needs?? ANYBODY??? :?:

I don't see much activity in the Multi-Channel dashcam section.
viewforum.php?f=12

BlackView is the most talked about Dual cam system at the moment.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1599

You need to use a custom firmware to achieve satisfactory bit-rate though.

We are kind of in a between area, I wouldn't expect any exciting Dual camera systems for a few more months.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a multi-cam system. Single cam systems are just as welcome. Just something that meets the required specs as closely as possible (see first post for usage situations).

GT550W WDR GPS model is interesting. but GPS is external and not easy to move between vehicles
forum.dashcamtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1913

The mini 0801 is nice, but the base is double stick tape so not meant to move between vehicles.
http://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0801-faq-added/

VICO-WF1 looks really good so far, but no GPS
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1474

I'll have a look into those systems. Thanks. More suggestions are always welcome ofcourse, but I'm very gratefull for the info so far!

Back