After 6 years I think my F750 has died

Phil-1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today my F750 started telling me to insert a memory card. I removed it and cleaned the contacts but it still gave me the same message. I reformatted it several times and it’s still the same. I then tried a different card and now it just keeps rebooting, I get the start up tones but that’s it.
Any ideas what I could try next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try another memory card, those are often the weakest link in a good system.
you know those have a finite read / write cycles they can do.

He writes having not read your entire post,,,,,,,, maybe i really do have a future in politics. :rolleyes:

I’ve tried one that just reboots constantly. And just tried a new card that I got from Amazon and that one says “memory card” error. Don’t want to buy a replacement card at £50 from Thinkware if the camera is dead

you might have to format the new memory card on a computer, it is worth a try at least.
Though in general i just slam a new card in my cameras, and then it might ask for permission to format it before i can record on it.
Some cards are also,,,,, strange" :rolleyes:
I got a 256GB adata card a few months back, it was supposed to have at least 90 MB/s read and write speds, but it only had like 10, so would not work in my camera, i then ran it over ( formatted it ) with sdformatter, and then the speeds was back up to normal, and i have been hitting it hard with 4K / 60 FPS - 100 mbit footage in my action camera, and it work fine.

I’ve tried formatting it in the computer. Tried Windows and SD Card Formatter. It copies the file folders on to the card like continues and event recording but then just reboots. Going to try formatting it again and adding the files onto it from the PC first.

Update:
After formatting the new card (Samsung Pro Endurance 32 GB) twice and then putting the firmware and software on it via the PC it is working now. I also had to remove the viewer App from my phone and re download it to get that working.

Back