After a better dashcam

Ojawed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I purchased a mobius v1 2years ago. And now I want to upgrade my dashcam.

Ideally, I want a 2ch with good quality day and night.

Wi-Fi and parking modes will be good to have but not a necessity.

I've considered the thinkware f800, blackvue dw650,street guardian, ddpai and goluk.

Can anyone help me narrow down my choices or suggest a good alternative?

I use to have 2 goluk T3 cams and they work very well but, it's. It a true 2ch system even in had one for the front and rear. Never had problems with it until I got the Blackvue DR590. Didn't need the Wi-Fi. The Blackvue works very well for me. I just keep a USB C micro SD card reader in the car and it reads far faster then Wi-Fi. It has excellent day and night vision. Everyone will have their own opinions though. Here is a sample of the night time quality. Don't forget to change the video quality to 1080p when viewing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blackvue quality does look good.
If just seen a review for a blacksea and they look good.

Blackvue quality does look good.
If just seen a review for a blacksea and they look good.
Well like I said you will get a lot of opinions and you said you were looking for a good dash cam and this is me giving my own account. Just depends on what you ultimately decide to settle on and how much you want to spend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi
I purchased a mobius v1 2years ago. And now I want to upgrade my dashcam.

Ideally, I want a 2ch with good quality day and night.

Wi-Fi and parking modes will be good to have but not a necessity.

I've considered the thinkware f800, blackvue dw650,street guardian, ddpai and goluk.

Can anyone help me narrow down my choices or suggest a good alternative?
If you are still happy with your mobius, you can move it to the rear screen and just buy a better front camera. The Mobius is smaller and more discreet than the rear camera of some 2ch systems.

Your videos do look good. I do like the quality. Thank you for posting them. I'm still very undecided.
I've been reading reviews on so many!

Does anyone know which dashcam is best for reading numberplates?

Your videos do look good. I do like the quality. Thank you for posting them. I'm still very undecided.
I've been reading reviews on so many!

Does anyone know which dashcam is best for reading numberplates?
Here in the UK we are lucky to have nice big numbers and letters on our licence plates. So much easier for cameras to read than elsewhere in the world.

For good plate capture you need a high resolution (to resolve the details) and a fast exposure time (to minimise motion blur). High resolution is no good if the video is too noisy. For a fast exposure look for a wide aperture lens and/or a high sensitivity sensor. Cameras that use a high bitrate tend to lose less detail as a result of video compression. Good quality cameras with an F1.8 lens and IMX291 sensor seem to be among the best performing dashcams available right now.

Here in the UK we are lucky to have nice big numbers and letters on our licence plates. So much easier for cameras to read than elsewhere in the world.

For good plate capture you need a high resolution (to resolve the details) and a fast exposure time (to minimise motion blur). High resolution is no good if the video is too noisy. For a fast exposure look for a wide aperture lens and/or a high sensitivity sensor. Cameras that use a high bitrate tend to lose less detail as a result of video compression. Good quality cameras with an F1.8 lens and IMX291 sensor seem to be among the best performing dashcams available right now.

Could you recommend some cameras with these specs?

For me, the best two reasonably price cameras, with good day and night performance are

1-Street Guardian SGGCX2
2-Viofo A119s

I have both of these and i am extremely pleased with both.

Both the street guardian and the a119s have good reviews...very tempted to go for the sggcx2

You can't go wrong currently with A119, A119S, or street guardian models (great service after sale is a real treat these days) all have been reviewed a lot, they have been tested and retested, been around long enough to have most bugs worked out. Check out these and different models here on DCT on their individual treads, you will also find footage to help in your decision making. When you get down to a couple come back and ask for opinions between your findings. This approach will get you the best results and you will learn a lot along the way.

Could you recommend some cameras with these specs?
I have both the A119 and SG9665GC and would happily recommend either of them. Other SG and Viofo cameras are worth looking at too, depending on what body shape and features you want. The mini 0906 is a decent dual camera option

Is there something specific that you want to have as an upgrade to your Mobius? Is there anything that you particularly like about the Mobius that you want in your next dashcam?

Currently I'm still quite undecided.
I like the size of the mobius and the picture quality is decent.
I want the next camera to improve on the picture quality.
GPS I am not bothered about.
Parking mode is a maybe, I'm still unsure.
I am eaning towards the blackvue dr750 but trying to decide if there is a cheaper alternative.

I am eaning towards the blackvue dr750 but trying to decide if there is a cheaper alternative.
Have you looked at the SG9663DC? It is cheaper than the DR750 and you will get better support here.

I've just been reading the reviews and specs on the sg9663dc. It doesn't have a parking mode, but there's one being designed?
Where's the best place in the UK to buy street guardian dash cams.

For the street guardian 2 Chan systems do I need 2 sd cards?

I've just been reading the reviews and specs on the sg9663dc. It doesn't have a parking mode, but there's one being designed?
Where's the best place in the UK to buy street guardian dash cams.

For the street guardian 2 Chan systems do I need 2 sd cards?
Hardwiring for parking mode will be released soon. SG9663DC uses 1 microsd card.
You can order SG9663DC from my amazon store (Fulfilled by Amazon).

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Both the street guardian and the a119s have good reviews...very tempted to go for the sggcx2
Street Guardian is always a solid choice with great service and support.

Hardwiring for parking mode will be released soon. SG9663DC uses 1 microsd card.

Do you have any 128gb available?

Do you have any 128gb available?
128GB will be able to dispatch on Tuesday.

Back