Aggressive Merging Fail

LoL [emoji23][emoji87][emoji85]

Love it ! ! ! :D

But...
The guy was clearly indicating therefore the cam guy is bound by law to stop dead in his lane in order to let the other car in front.

I see three idiots in that video.

But...
The guy was clearly indicating therefore the cam guy is bound by law to stop dead in his lane in order to let the other car in front.

Not sure about that. The double white line must not be crossed under Russian road law. I feel sorry for the third party. The biggest mistake was the camera user not keeping to the right side of their lane - by keeping left they invited an aggressive lane merge by an entitled plonker.

I see three idiots in that video.
I see 3 typical Russian (well, it applies to any person of any nationality living on the former USSR territory) drivers in that video ;)

The biggest mistake was the camera user not keeping to the right side of their lane - by keeping left they invited an aggressive lane merge by an entitled plonker.
Well if you do that, they might bump your car in revenge. Ramming another car seems like an everyday occurrence there. Where as in the states, its pretty rare and would make the news.

:rolleyes: monumental stupid

Blimey! Not sure what was going off in that first one - that car probably didn't like the fact someone was getting past him and lost it - seen that loads over here too although they usually just avoid hitting each other and just sit swearing.

The second one is nuts - he definitely yanked the wheel too hard there but on the plus side at least the guy who caused the accident and didn't get hit actually stopped. Sayuing that probably because they realised at least one person would have had a dashcam in Russia!

Similar to that first one a few years ago I was in Birmingham and an Audi A6 or A8 (senior management type person) was trying to cut his way past everyone in a merging lane. He didn't get let in but was so furious about it he got out of his car to go and have a word with the guy who wasn't having any of it. I remember he got out of his car wearing his suit, he was bald headed and looked like he was treating the car in the car in front like one of the people who worked for him. The best bit was when the guy in the car in front got out. He was built like a brick sh!t house - I don't think he said a word but he got out of his car and just pointed the other guy back to his Audi. He just looked shocked and turned around and went without saying a word. Quite a few of us were clapping afterwards as it was hilarious to see :)

Not sure about that. The double white line must not be crossed under Russian road law. I feel sorry for the third party. The biggest mistake was the camera user not keeping to the right side of their lane - by keeping left they invited an aggressive lane merge by an entitled plonker.

You shouldn't. The two that crashed were driving on the shoulder.

@sludgeguts i kinda agree with you, but it seem like he want to join the traffic after beeeing "stopped" in the EMG lane, and then its his job to find a hole in the traffic that do not have to stop to let him rejoin.
At least thats how i belive it is here.
If he was in a regular lane then he would have been in the right here in DK as he is in front of the camera car and indicating ( atleast at first and at times when he bully ahead of the camera car )
It do however seem like he do manage to merger in behind the camera car as they pass the broken down lada in the EMG lane, but then again the nissan driver insist on overtaking to the right in the EMG lane, and he should just have remained in line behind the camera car.
But i assume if this was 2 regular lanes of moving traffic and the footage was handed over to police / insurance company then he would have been blamed with his agressive driving as he could have merged in behind the camera car fully and without a doubt legally.

But again as the footage indicate when he crash he do not want to stay in front of the camera car, he just want to get in the hole to taunt the camera car and then go on overtaking in the EMG lane.

Too bad the camera car dident have a rear camera as that would have proven the Nissan driver to be driving and overtaking in EMG lane long before he got up on the side of the camera car.

I allso feel for the law abiding russian drivers who get taunted daily by other drivers overtaking them on sidewalks and bicycle paths, and where ever these plonkers think its fair to drive ther cars to get ahead.

Ps. here you are not even allowed to pull over and stop in the EMG lane to take a phonecall, its only for stopping if you are broken down.
Though i do think they plan to allow for driving in EMG lanes ( this on our 110-130 km/h motorways ) needless to say this just proof the lack of brains on our lawmakers.

I assume the reason for us having EMG lanes on our fast motorways is that it is simply too dangerous to stop in a lane with traffic moving at those speeds, the 1 time i tried to stop in a EMG lane i even got out of my car and on the outside of the barrier.

Most Danish motorways are just 2 traffic lanes and 1 emergency lane.

Last edited:
@sludgeguts i kinda agree with you, but it seem like he want to join the traffic after beeeing "stopped" in the EMG lane, and then its his job to find a hole in the traffic that do not have to stop to let him rejoin.
At least thats how i belive it is here.

Russians must like to pee on the shoulder? No. In that 1:09 clip, I saw three vehicles using the shoulder/EMG lane like an express lane.

[QUOTE="

The second one is nuts - he definitely yanked the wheel too hard there [/QUOTE]

Yes that person and dash cam person are unlucky.

but on the plus side at least the guy who caused the accident and didn't get hit actually stopped. Sayuing that probably because they realised at least one person would have had a dashcam in Russia![/QUOTE said:
Wrong.
The person who caused it(silver SUV) didn't stop.

I was kinda being sarcastic - since this sort of **** happens almost everywhere - some muppet firmly believes that by being 1" ahead of you, they can indicate & some strange law comes into play where you HAVE to stop for them - even if they have just blasted past from way back.
However, in this instance, they are in very slow moving traffic, the other car was wholly ahead & we could clearly see the indicator come on.
I suspect cam guy knew he would want to come in & had already decided against it - so the second he saw that indicator, he moved forward to stop the merge.

My unwritten rules here - if they are already ahead of you, let them in. If they blast past from behind knowing fullwell their lane ends then sod them.
Something I really hate about all the junctions around here, many are 1 lane split to 2 then merge to 1 after the junction. Everyone sets off at different speeds but there are some who will see you wanting to merge in plenty of time & will actively speed up, thinking you won't move now that their front end is alongside

Back