Aggressive Semi Pits Civic during lane change

Semi was cutting everything close, maybe wanting the next exit? He's got no excuse, the Civic was clearly visible to him for many seconds beforehand.

Phil

Damn, move that camera higher!!!! Hard to see much, but yes the truck was too aggressive. It sucks, people generally won't let a truck change lanes, or the wait is VERY long. The amount of space between you and the other vehicles is one thing you have some control over. Give that up and you screw yourself.

Aside from exit for the Allen /Yordale, which he was on and bathhurst to the right, the next interchanges and exits are about 5 KMs away. I hate when vehicles are not even in a lane for a second and consider making another lane change. There isn't the possibility to fully review what's in the lane you are trying to go in.

I give trucks room in areas where other drivers don't. I find in a merge, if I give a fair bit of room, trucks drive just a little ahead instead of running to the end of the merge. As the no one can pass me as the truck is just a little ahead, its beneficial to myself and actually helps the flow of traffic. Once the truck gets in,we can all move, without a dozen cars cutting me off.

Back