AGPtek GD26 (F6000, H193, H305) Dual Lens DVR

spaceballsrules

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AGPtek GD26 > F70/i1000 > FineVu CR2000G > Mini 0906
Hey DCFers!
I just wanted to share my thoughts on this camera I bought a couple of weeks ago. I found it on eBay, but Amazon carries it as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007X1EEYW/

This was my first foray into the world of dashcams, so I knew I would make a mistake or two, but I am not too disappointed with this little camera. My biggest complaint would be the quality of the nighttime recording. Even adjusting the exposure doesn't help, as everything is just too dark to see what is going on. Of course, turning on the IR lights does absolutely nothing. :p

The two cameras record to separate microSD cards, and also operate from different sets of buttons. The front-facing camera records at 1280x720 resolution, and the picture is above average in daylight conditions. The rear-facing camera records at 640x480, but provides a clean picture.

The buttons and menus are a terror to navigate, and the manual is of no help what so ever. I have pretty much figured out what I need to know on my own, but there is an Auto Off function that has me stumped, so I keep it off. There is also an option to shut off the LCD screen at 1, 3, or 5 minutes which is nice, as well as never turning it off. I find it distracting if it is on, as I keep the camera just below my rear view mirror.

One last thing is that there is a 1-3 second gap between files, so it is best to keep both cameras at the longest file size, which is 15 minutes. There are also options for 1, 3, 5, and 10 minutes.

Here are some pics for fun :D

P9030033.jpg

P9030032.jpg

If you have any questions, i am happy to answer them. I know this review isn't very detailed. I will post some footage in different scenarios later on.

I am already planning on upgrading to a dual cam that has a separate rear lens and compresses using the h.264 format. If anyone has experience with this cam, or knows who manufactures it, please let me know. Thanks. Here is a pic of it:

AD33.jpg

Re: AGPtek dual lens dashcam

Thanks for the review spaceballsrule. Glad it is working well for you.

Actually very few dash cams perform well at night. When looking at any decent camera (over $60), most will perform ok during the day unless it is a fake. However night recording is where the differences lie. When looking at camera reviews, check the night recordings to judge video quality.

As for the gaps between clips, for other dash cams the best way to mitigate this is by:

1. Using 1 minute clip length (when the card is full, it is faster to erase a 1 minute clip then a 15 minute clip resulting in a smaller gap).
2. Use a high quality SD card, typically a class 10

Perhaps you can try the above to see if the gap is reduced.

When using 1 minute clips, a great piece of software that links the clips together is Registrator Viewer. You can download it here. http://registratorviewer.narod.ru/index_en.html

Dash Cam Man

Good night recording is a must. The only cams with decent night time quality seem to be the high-end 1080p models.

I wonder why all of the manufacturers sell cams with IR LEDs, as they have already been proven to be ineffective in increasing night-time visibility.

As for the gaps between clips, I do use Class 10 SDHC cards, which are 32gb and 16gb. Due to their large capacity, I have yet to use the auto delete function, so the lag actually comes from the camera's internals being slow to transition from one file to the next. I even tried using an old microSD card (not HC) to see if that made the gaps worse, but it was the same thing. It may be slow hardware, or it may need a firmware update.

As I said in the OP, I am already looking to upgrade, although only incrementally. I am still in search of a 1080p cam with a screen and a detached rear camera. Unfortunately, I have yet to find anything that meets that criteria. The best I can find right now is 720p quality cams. :(

I haven't seen many 1080p dual lens cameras, specifically with a separate rear camera. The camera you are considering, the X6, might be a slight improvement but my gut feel is that it won't have the greatest video quality. It appears to have a lot of features for a relatively low price which typically indicates video quality is limited. If you do get it, please post a review on it.

For the AGPtek dual lens, any sample videos would be great. Do you know the firmware the camera is running as well?

All I know about the firmware is that dates back to January 2011.

Finally got around to ULing some footage, so here it is in all its glory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the videos spaceballsrules. I haven't done much research on the dual cameras so your input is great. Video quality seems average during the day (difficult to make out license plates) so I understand why you would like to upgrade. Seeing the rear video is interesting. My guess is that you need a camera attached to the rear window to get much better video quality. The sun seems to wash out the video due to the different lighting levels inside and outside the car.

Much appreciated for sharing this!

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
Thanks for the videos spaceballsrules. I haven't done much research on the dual cameras so your input is great. Video quality seems average during the day (difficult to make out license plates) so I understand why you would like to upgrade. Seeing the rear video is interesting. My guess is that you need a camera attached to the rear window to get much better video quality. The sun seems to wash out the video due to the different lighting levels inside and outside the car.

Much appreciated for sharing this!

Dash Cam Man
No problem. Thanks for creating this forum so we can share this stuff! ;)

As you said, the quality is so-so. I have already purchased the dashcam I mentioned in the OP, which has the separate camera. It should show up any time now, so I will start a new thread on that one and get some footage ULed. Although the next cam is also 720p, the fact that it records with h.264 compression into .mov format, rather than the .avi format, should help the quality some, and the separate rear camera should be a big boon.

Great...looking forward to your review on your new camera! I have seen some very good 720p videos with h.264 compression so you should get some improvement!

Dash Cam Man

Yeah, shopping for that one was a real bear! The prices and specs on eBay were all over the place. They all had different compression, format, type of rear cam, or mounting options. Many of the specs listed on the item pages were also incomplete, so I spent a few days emailing back and forth with the different vendors to get the exact details. I ended up with one from Quality-Gadgets for $106.99 here - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0971597834

I agree...trying to figure out which camera is good vs bad takes so much time to research. I spent a lot of time researching cams before purchasing and had collected a ton of information (mostly in other languages!). I felt sharing the information with others would help people find the good cameras faster. Looking forward to your X6 review!

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
spaceballsrules said:
Yeah, shopping for that one was a real bear! The prices and specs on eBay were all over the place. They all had different compression, format, type of rear cam, or mounting options. Many of the specs listed on the item pages were also incomplete, so I spent a few days emailing back and forth with the different vendors to get the exact details. I ended up with one from Quality-Gadgets for $106.99 here - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0971597834

I agree...trying to figure out which camera is good vs bad takes so much time to research. I spent a lot of time researching cams before purchasing and had collected a ton of information (mostly in other languages!). I felt sharing the information with others would help people find the good cameras faster. Looking forward to your X6 review!

Dash Cam Man

It just arrived in the mail yesterday. :)

I tried the taking a photo with it and checking the properties to find the manufacturer, or any info concerning make or model. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I have no clue who makes this thing, and I have searched tirelessly. I even looked up X6, but no luck.

Have fun with your new mystery camera! Not sure why the manufacturers are so secretive.

Dash Cam Man

Re: AGPtek GD26 dual lens dashcam

Thanks for updating us on this. If I come across more info on this cam, I will include.

As for the other camera you purchased, the X6, the most popular name is the i1000. Sometimes known as the F70 as well. I have some videos of it that I will post soon.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
Thanks for updating us on this. If I come across more info on this cam, I will include.

As for the other camera you purchased, the X6, the most popular name is the i1000. Sometimes known as the F70 as well. I have some videos of it that I will post soon.

Dash Cam Man

A little birdie told me that the mystery cam is also known as the "NEI DVR232."

Whether or not the names mean anything, that particular cam comes in many variations. Some models output .AVI files whereas others produce .MOV files with h.264 compression. The rear camera style/model seems to change as well. Some come with a remote control, others don't. Last but not least, the mounting options also differ. Some come with a sticky pad mount, others come with a suction cup mount, and some come with both. The only thing consistent about the X6/F70/DVR232 is the inconsistency amongst the vendors. :p

I have come across more versions of this AGPtek GD26 dual lens dash cam.

Here is a no-name version from welldonetech on eBay. Over 300 have been sold and the price is $62.

It also goes by the following names:
F6000 on Aliexpress (note there is another dual lens camera called F6000)

H193 on Aliexpress

H305 on Aliexpress

Just wanted to update this thread in case others are considering this model under the various names.

1) When you open the CD provided, it says that the company that made this is Syntek which I suppose is the chipmaker.
Anyone successfully used the firmware update provided on the CD on this device?

2) Anyone dismantled the camera? I was wondering how to do this because I couldn't find a single screw. Mine have a slight blur on the left so I was wondering if I could clean the inside of the lens. It was fine before.

Overall I thought the camera build is pretty decent for a China dual cam but the software is rubbish as expected. It is able to view vehicle reg numbers at night from around 3-5 Meters so I thought it isn't that poor. The IR is only useful when you use it for parking in the dark. With IR enabled, it keeps turning on and off by itself as I pass street lamps which disrupts the picture quality. I have used this for 1 year and bought another camera cause I want to get 1 with G-sensor for overnight parking. Currently using this as a single camera at the back of my car.

8 hour drive time lapse -> 7 min. (Dawn->Day)
Video gets crazier towards the end with hilly roads. Avoid seeing after food.

5.5 hrs drive time lapse -> 6 min (Day-> Night)

The cam is hopeless at night without street lamps, but overall as a driving only recorder i think it's not that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GeorgesNJR Dash Cam Discussion 1