Brazil
Dash Cam
Dod LS300W + 32GB Class 10 Samsung Plus
Great specs ugly design big size :?

SmotJ6S.jpg

X5
Image Sensor 3.1 mega-pixel CMOS sensor, 1/3 "
Video Resolution Full HD: 1920x1080p, 30 fps,16:9 HD: 1280 x 720p, 30 fps,16:9
File Format AVC(Advanced Video Coding) MOV(AVC/H.264)
Internal Memory 128MB NAND Flash for Firmware coding only
External Memory Single SDHC Card Slot (up to 32GB)
LCD Display 2.4” LCD (480*234 dot)
View Angle Wide angle lens FOV 120 (Diagonal)
Aperture Range F2.0
Operation Temperature 0゜~ 60゜C
Storage Temperature -20゜~ 60゜C
WDR Yes, support Wide Dynamic Range
White Balance Auto
Exposure Control Auto
Circling Recording Yes
Automatic Recording Yes
Emergency Recording Yes
Monitor mode Yes (time lapse as 1 fps recording )
Motion Detection Yes
Time stamp keeping time Up to 20 days(w/Battery)
Microphone Yes
Speaker Yes
Date/Time (RTC) Yes
TV out HDMI out /Composite (NTSC/PAL) out
Interface USB 2.0, HDMI / AV output, SD slot

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/c0_1.php?bid=22&pid=66

some youtube videos

anyone got user raw videos ?
and details what processor its have and internal pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
based on spec listed and the results my guess would be Ambarella A5 with AR0330 CMOS which is a good combination

Aiptek have been making cameras for a long time which is good, I don't think they ever made great cameras but they have stability and resources as a company and their product has potential, as mentioned though, it is ugly

I recently bought one of these. I chose this one because of the high heat tolerance as it gets very hot over here in Australia. I had read on here about the cheaper units failing quit a lot. One thing I dont want is a high failure rate unit!
I have never used a dashcam before so cant compare with anything. The video seems very good. I have not been into the options. No idea what you can change. I dont notice it being large or ugly but like I said, have never seen anything else in person.
With a press of a button it records a 1 min block. 30 seconds before button is pressed and 30 seconds after button. It can store upto 10 different files which can not be written over.
It came with a 8gig class 10 card. I have no idea how much it can store before being over written but I drove to work today for over 1 hr and drove home again for over 1 hr and it had not overwritten the start.

uploading some footage now in early morning (dark) and during day (sun)

Here is the test vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjSsNmC2i50

Last edited by a moderator:
looks very good during day and ok at night.

hows its going whit Aussie Heat ?

Wont know for 6 months as it is in the middle of winter here. But it gets VERY hot here and my vehicle is parked outdoors 99% of the time.

Hey guys

Still working good. Its coming into summer soon so will know of its heat tolerance. It has not played up yet, although it is only 3 months old.

Here is another short clip with different conditions. Sun glare, normal day time and raining.

Aiptek X5's video quality is average and its GPS option has never been officially made pubic. I have replaced it with FineVu Pro and it works far better than X5.

I will look at the FineVu pro for my next purchase thanks. I purchased this one due to its high heat tolerance. In Summer in Australia we get very high heat, much like Malaysia which is where the Aiptek comes from.

I see what jokiin said but has anyone actually confirmed what this camera has inside yet? And any raw vidios?
Also it says everywhere that its wdr CAPABLE but has anyone taken it apart and confirmed it actually has it?

Wow, it has been almost 2 years since I bought this! It's still working flawlessly. I had a slight flicker in the screen a few weeks ago, I reformatted the Sd card and it is now back to normal. 2 years with no format will do that haha
If/when this dies I will replace with the gps version. It has been through 2 summers now, vehicle in full Aussie sun all the time, parked outside 99% of the time.

Wow, it has been almost 2 years since I bought this! It's still working flawlessly. I had a slight flicker in the screen a few weeks ago, I reformatted the Sd card and it is now back to normal. 2 years with no format will do that haha
If/when this dies I will replace with the gps version. It has been through 2 summers now, vehicle in full Aussie sun all the time, parked outside 99% of the time.
I had also my eyes on X5 few years ago.
Glad to hear its reliable.

2 years - that is really good given some of the issues many have reported on here (after a few weeks in some cases) :)

Bigger more prominent designs are preferred in some markets, particularly if its an area that suffers a lot of insurance fraud

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K AIPTEK 0
K AIPTEK 9
E AIPTEK 16
Back