Alexa, I think it is deaf

Auld Reekie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy with my 422gw, Alexa on the other hand is not the best bit of software I've dealt with. Phone ,alexa and dashcam are all connected. Alexa icon on lower left of cam screen to show its connected. It will tell me the time when asked.

I can ask Alexa to start recording and it does what is asked, ask it to stop recording and she she cannot find any enabled video skills to do that (stop recording).
Where the heck on Alexa app do I add these extra commands. Ive checked Alexa and cant seem to find how to add to the command list for Nextbase app.

I'm beginning to thinks I need to self isolate the Alexa app permanently before it sends me bonkers.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Alexa skill.

Could I confirm that asking the Dash Cam to start recording, starts the Cam recording correctly?

Please ask Alexa 'Ask my Dash Cam to stop recording.' with those exact words.
Please also try separating the words 'dash' and 'cam' and see if that help the Alexa understanding?

Please also try the following:
19.JPEG

We are working to improve the Alexa vocab and it's understanding of different structures and we really appreciate your patience at this time whilst we implement the logistics of this.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

When cam is connected to pc, I eventually got Alexa voice commands working the dashcam (except the stop recording command) When I put the cam in the car connect Mynextbase app and alexa the camera or alexa goes deaf :sleep:
I gave up trying as it was stressing me out :) . will try again when I have more time.

Do you need to have Prime for the Alexa feature to work?

No prime needed, all you need is lots of luck, patience, and maybe a couple of paracetemols.
I had it working for a very short while then it stopped, I eventually gave up and did without alexa, poor software integration I think is the problem.
Camera itself works perfectly, for me anyway.

No prime needed, all you need is lots of luck, patience, and maybe a couple of paracetemols.
I had it working for a very short while then it stopped, I eventually gave up and did without alexa, poor software integration I think is the problem.
Camera itself works perfectly, for me anyway.
Well I've got my hands on a 522 today with a good deal off Nextbase website with the rear window camera to try out as the Mrs pinched my 322 with the rear cam attachment for her car, hopefully Alexa will work on it, but it's not a deal breaker lol. Will keep you posted how I get on when it arrives and fitted. Be interesting to see how the 1440p footage compares to my 612 4K footage hoping the 522 is better at night.

Back