Alexa won’t work

Tejo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought the 522 and I’m having serious problems with Alexa . She wont do anything I ask except tell me the time. I thought I could tell her to send a vid to my phone or take a pic , stop recording . But she tells me she can’t do those things. Is she meant to do them? Cheers.

Yes, she will do them eventually when they release the Alexa skills.
Original date from support was 1st June, but now, it's " they are waiting on acceptance from submission", which can take up to about 3 weeks, but I'm sure it's been more than 3 weeks.!

Ahh wow , I thought it was me being stupid and not doing things right. Thanks for that . It will come as an update ?

Ahh wow , I thought it was me being stupid and not doing things right. Thanks for that . It will come as an update ?
No, I think that it will be on the Amazon Alexa Skill page, and you just download it there, like other skills.
I've been checking the Alexa skills on Amazons site, and it's not up yet.

It's been "coming soon" for about 2 months or so, and about 2 weeks ago, it had been submitted according to a support rep, usually taking 3 weeks, but still nothing..

I cannot get alexa to connect to to my 522. It sees the dashcam but tries to connect but eventually fails. Dos anyone think that it might be that my phone is already connected to my car by bluetooth?

When at home disable wifi on the phone (iPhone in my case) and Alexa connected and worked fantastic. Stream music, drop in, Flash briefing Operate the heating and lighting.

Yes but that’s what Alexa does anyway , she has to have new skills to work with the dashcam , ie , start recording , stop recording , send to my phone and others. My phone can do Alexa stuff , but it’s supposed to be intergrated with the dashcam , not the phone.

These have been advertised are on Nextbase page and have been since the 522gw was released .

Nextbase Dash Cam Skill coming soon – Talk directly to your Dash Cam with Alexa built-in to use commands like ‘start recording’, ‘stop recording’, ‘protect a recording’ and ‘send to my phone’.

The date for the skills was supposed to be the 1st of June according to support, and a recent email to support gleaned an "er...soon, by the way, where did you hear that date?" response.
They said it takes 3 weeks for certification or whatever, but that's months now.

Don’t buy this product Alexa doesn’t work and twice have spoken to support people problem still not solved very disappointed and disgusted that I have spent nearly 200 pounds on this

Still no news? Thinking of taking it back to Halfords . I have had it 8 weeks will they take it back?

The last email I got from support was over 2 weeks ago, saying he would chase it up(Alexa Skills), but still nothing.

Amaxon site says that 522 is Amazon Certified and able to connect with Alexis. No mention of using Alevis to control the dash c

Sorry cut off.
No mention of using Alexis on dash cam to control dash cam

I'm sure that you really mean Alexa?

Bought the 522 and I’m having serious problems with Alexa . She wont do anything I ask except tell me the time. I thought I could tell her to send a vid to my phone or take a pic , stop recording . But she tells me she can’t do those things. Is she meant to do them? Cheers.
I am having the same problem with Alexa, I spent about half an hour on the phone to Nextbase yesterday and couldn't solve it, it is interesting to hear that Amazon have not released the skill for this camera to connect with Alexa, it is strange that the person in technical support did not know this, anyway other than the Alexa problem it is a very good camera I will look out for news from Amazon regarding connecting

The Alexa skill has been released, and is available via the Alexa app!

Back