AliExpress order cancelled

jack

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hello,
Yesterday I bought a dash cam on AliExpress from a buyer that is well-known on this forum. Order was confirmed, money from my credit card was charged.
Today I got info:

Your order has been cancelled for security reasons. The fund for this order hasn't been deducted by AliExpress. However, some banks may hold this payment, and the bank will reverse the payment for up to 7-10 working days before releasing back to the card holder. To avoid order cancellation in the future, please submit a claim for payment verification.

did you experience such things as well ? Is this some kind of a scam ? hopefully my money will be back on my account..

I used to buy things on eBay using paypal and it was ok, AliExpress do not allow this.. I should be more suspicious :-/

Regards

Hi jack,

Aliexpress is not as buyer friendly as Amazon or eBay. This is the first time I heard of an order being cancelled due to security reasons. I don't think it is a scam since if they sent you the email and don't refund your money, just open a dispute with your credit card company and they will charge it back. Sp you really have nothing to lose.

Do you know if it was Aliexpress that cancelled the order or the Aliexpress vendor?

DashCamMan said:
Hi jack,

Aliexpress is not as buyer friendly as Amazon or eBay. This is the first time I heard of an order being cancelled due to security reasons. I don't think it is a scam since if they sent you the email and don't refund your money, just open a dispute with your credit card company and they will charge it back. Sp you really have nothing to lose.

Do you know if it was Aliexpress that cancelled the order or the Aliexpress vendor?

hi,
aliexpress says the money will be back in 10 days, my bank in 30.. the seller claims it was aliexpress who cancelled the order

Hi jack,

Seems strange that it takes that long. I would check with the credit card company after 10 days to see if it was credited. If not, open a charge back. Good luck.

DashCamMan said:
Hi jack,

Seems strange that it takes that long. I would check with the credit card company after 10 days to see if it was credited. If not, open a charge back. Good luck.

while googline for similar cases, I found some statemetns from people that after many days they finally received their money back.. it's a pity that aliexpress doesn't inform users before a transaction that if you're not fully verified with your ID etc the transaction will be cancelled..

what do you mean exactly with opening a 'charge back' ?

Hi jack,

When a seller does not deliver goods / services delivered, you can open a chargeback with the credit card. You provide evidence and Mastercard / Visa refund the money. If you google it, there is a lot of info available from Visa / Mastercard.

Back