"All data will be erased" cancel/ok

TopGun

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC V3
My camera is about 2 weeks old and on start up has shown for the first time "all data will be erased" cancel/ok. I pressed cancel and the message came up another two times. Why is this message coming up? Its the original 64 card. Thanks.

it's telling you to format the card as there's an error on the card, some further info below about memory cards and how to look after them with the camera which may be useful also

formatting in the camera just resets the allocation table but that may not clear an error on the card, if you see it repeatedly you may need to reset the card back to its default state first, to do that use SDFormatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ (whichever version is appropriate for whatever PC you have) and do a full format (don't do the quick format), this will return the card back to the default settings as per when it was new, after that completes successfully the card will need to be formatted in the camera prior to use

things to do to keep things healthy,

if you access the card in another device, PC, phone, tablet etc make sure to eject the card safely, don't just unplug it

copy files off if you want but don't delete or edit files on the card from another device

format the card when you put it back in the camera

make sure to use the supplied (or one of the approved replacement) power supplies

deleting files from a Mac is the number one culprit for causing this issue, if you don't empty the trash on the Mac before ejecting the card you can pretty much guarantee it is going to have an issue with the card, when you get a chance I would definitely recommend going through the full format process with SDFormatter to get things back to how they should be

Thanks again for that info and quick reply. I'll give it a go today. I've moved the GPS and it seems much faster. I'll confirm it in the other post in a weeks time. Thanks.

Thanks again for that info and quick reply. I'll give it a go today. I've moved the GPS and it seems much faster. I'll confirm it in the other post in a weeks time. Thanks.

no problem, if you do have an issue you can't resolve by all means get in touch and we'll help get you sorted

Hi,
My dash cam has the reformatting issue again. Its been happening for a month or so now. It will start up as normal, and then repeatedly turn off and back on, the blue reformat screen comes on, then it goes to the all data will be erased screen, and then it turns itself off and back on again and goes through the same cycle over and over. I have installed the latest firmware and did a full reformat on the card, but its still the same. I tested the card with your software and it tested ok. I tried another card, but its still happening. The white power light stays on, so its not a bad connection to the original SG power supply. I haven't tried increasing the boot time yet seeing as its constantly happening, not just on start up. Sounds like whats happening on the other thread, "keeps reformatting itself periodically and endlessly". It was doing this so I updated the firmware but still no good. I have another SG cam in my other car, so I might swap them to see if the problem goes to the other car. What can it be? Thanks

I am using the original Transcend premium 400x 64gb micro sdxc1 that came with the cam.

I bought the cam late august last year and used average 30 mins a day apart from the odd road trip. Its also doing exactly the same thing with another card I have tried.

Last edited:
I bought the cam late august last year and used average 30 mins a day apart from the odd road trip. Its also doing exactly the same thing with another card I have tried.

can you message me your details and purchase info, we'll start with replacing the card and see how you go

Are you using the original power source and cable?

No worries Jokiin. Yep, original power source and cable.

Sorry, but how do I PM you and attatch photo of receipt?

Done, thankyou.

thanks, got your invoice copy but not your address details so I know where to send the card to
I have received the card, formatted it in the camera and will keep an eye on it. Thanks.

Interested to see how this works out.

It's been 5 months since I replaced the memory card and I have had no more issues with the camera. As it turned out, the other card I was trying to test the camera with also had issues with it. Thanks again.

Back