All night recording!!!!!

Dindune

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me why my cam records all night. I've had my 129 professionally installed . It is hard wired.

Are you using parking mode?
Is power plugged in the camera or the mount?
What firmware version are you running?

Firmware is A129:V1.3
App Version 2.8.0
Power is plugged in to the mount
Parkmode is on ...at 1 fps

Can someone tell me why my cam records all night. I've had my 129 professionally installed . It is hard wired.
Do you mean recording as normal driving recording, not parking mode time lapse?

Yes .....recording as I would be driving...

Update firmware to V1.5 or later.
Power the camera directly, not through the mount.

Not trying to hijack this post but why does the gps mount come with a plug if every single person ever always recommends powering through the camera instead.

Not trying to hijack this post but why does the gps mount come with a plug if every single person ever always recommends powering through the camera instead.
Because the acc trigger wire does not work through the mount.

So I am new at all this....should I disconnect my gps base from the fuse box and connect the cam directly into my usb port in the dash. If I do it this way what will happen to my option to have surveillance at night time when I am away from my car?

Is it possible that the cam is hard wired to the wrong fuse connection?

1. Make sure the power cable is plugged DIRECT to Camera and NOT to the GPS Mount.
2. When car is shut off, does it beep a few times and display a "P" icon on the right hand side (park mode)?
3. What happens if you turn camera off manually? Does it trigger back on?

Park Mode (Low Bitrate - Records Live video lesser quality) - Motion Detection (As name states, if something triggers it) are meant to record all the time while parked. Camera should exit these modes and record normally while driving.

Back